IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple dlink ip cameras interfere with each other?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
joel236

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Multiple dlink ip cameras interfere with each other? Reply with quote

Hi there, I need some help configuring 2 ip cameras (dlink DCS-920 Wireless G Network Camera) to use over the internet.

I have a dlink DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router

To set one camera up, I just set up the local IP, used a virtual server (On the router) to forward it to a port, Set up a DNS server (On the router), and just set it up so that it forwards to the specific port the camera is on (default is 80)

To access it, I would type in the DNS domain that I have, it would forward that to my router's ip, specifying the port. It asks for the username and password, as it should, and lets me into the camera "viewer"

But to have 2 cameras, is where I encouter a problem. Because I set up the DNS server to my router, it will only send information to the DNS account and domain that I specified.

Server Address :
Host Name :
User Name :
Password :
Timeout :

Now, because I have to enter a host name, I encounter a problem. Even though, yes I can just have two other Domains, rederecting to that host name, with the right port specified, I encounter problems. It was, at first, working quite well when I had attempted this.

I believe that I had changed a setting, the secondary Port. I know that I need that to be on in order for it to forward to the virtual server when there are multiple ports. I dont know why, but it just refuses to work.

Could it be that 1.I have to reset everything because I had probably changed something that I shouldnt have.
2.I did something wrong (Out of what I said)
3.It isnt possible for one DNS domain to access two or more ports ( I only use the free version )
4.The dlink cameras arnt able to go through two different ports ? (This has to be false, as it WAS working)
5.Any other recommendations?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed