IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing Axis cameras on a DROID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Viewing Axis cameras on a DROID Reply with quote

Hi All,

I recently purchased a DROID X to replace my old Windows Mobile smartphone. I love the DROID X big-time, but when attempting to view any of my AXIS cameras using the DROID's browser, the camera's webpages appears, but the image is blank.

Does anyone know what is needed to directly view an Axis camera on a DROID?

Thanks in advance,

John
New Jersey
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm this is true. I can view my cameras through BlueIris web server and to me that's easier than trying to figure out which cameras work with what browser, phone, iPad. Can't you view your cameras via your Commander software's web server?

But all hope is not lost, go to Market and try VHS Viewer for Axis (free) or Viewer for Axis cams ($6) also there's some other apps that provide access.
mikeritter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this package with 2 Cisco's, 1 Foscam(p.o.s.), and a Linksys. My phone is only a Droid1, and the app is about $30, but it works great for me. I saw that it also lists Axis cameras as compatible. Good luck. http://totalcontrolapp.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=84

Hang on!!! I just tried another app even though I was happy with what I had...and it's even better. http://hit-mob.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18 And there is a free version as well as a paid one ($10). I like this one much better, it has self updating widgets. Every 15 min it updates the widget image using whatever camera you select, so you have a "preview" of the main camera without even tapping the widget. This so much faster and easier to use, although figuring out how to delete the preinstalled cameras and replace them with mine stumped me for a few seconds. I had to come back and edit my post. Now I'm going to buy the full version and see what else there is to it. Too cool to pass up the free one IMHO.
Very Happy
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buellwinkle and mikeritter, thanks!

Buellwinkle, yes I can use View Commander with my Droid, but I am pumping megal pixel cameras into View Commander for recording High Res and the Droid will take awhile to load just one camera. I want to access the lower resolution sreams on my Axis cameras directly from the Droid.

mikeritter, I will try the second software package you recommend,

Thanks!

john
New Jersey
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeritter, I loaded the free version of the software you mentioned above on my Droid X. It works very good for monitoring and is very stable.

Did you buy and load the $10 version and if so, how do you like it?

** One VERY bad thing about the free version is the constant ad displays for Girls in bikinis and girls looking for me 2 miles away. Total unprofessional childish crap for such a good appliciation. If I want to see girls I'll go to the jiggly bar with a pocket stuffed with 1 dollar bills or hit on the neighbor's wife next door.

Just wondering if the paid version allows you to turn off the ad ware crap?

Thanks,
John
New Jersey
mikeritter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the ads! I hate those things too. I rooted my Droid a while ago and use an app called AdFree, which automatically blocks the IRL's of all known ad provider addresses, never even saw the ads.

I did pay for the upgrade, which just "unlocks" the Lite version, making it the same as the full version. The main thing I saw was the ability to add more than 4 cameras and the developer said that it removes the adds too, as well as allowing audio on some models. If you're happy with 4 cameras I'd say save the $10 (but it is kinda cool to add a bunch of traffic and beach cams, which have the URL's listed in the app under "ADD WEB").

Plus the developer was very responsive to my questions, even before I'd paid, and seems to be really on top of the requests for new cams and features. I hope all this is helpful.

Mike
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I have 9 cameras online with about another 8 that I sporadically turn up for various reasons. I'm not interested in the beach or traffic cams, only my own cams.

I will pay the fee to get a registration number to unlock the free version. I just hope the annoying adware crap goes aways once I get the paid version.

Thanks,
John
New Jersey
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I bought the $9.99 version to unlock the limited free trial version. Within 3 hours after I submitted my order using VISA i got a reply with a registration number which I successfully unlocked the free trial version.

I am happy to report the annoying adware crap has stopped with the paid version. The app for viewing my cameras on the Android opsys is easy to use and works rather well. I loaded 9 of my cameras which are mostly Axis and 2 Pannys. The images are crystal clear and I can easily view all 9 cameras in a matrix, but to see the best detail w/o a magnifying glass, it's best to display 4 or less cameras.

I got cameras from VGA to HD 3mps. The VGA cameras flow rather well. Same with the 1 mps cameras. I got two HD3 mp cameras which seem to take forever to load, but that may be due to my limited bandwigth and not the app.

For viewing cameras on the Android based smartphones, this app is excellent, but does not have the sophistication of motion detection/alarms, and other features that an app for security purposes may have, but for mt that's Ok since I record all events on a server elsewheres.

The camera widgets that I installed on my home space don't seem to update at the time intervals i set them too, but maybe i am overlooking something. Anyway these widgets to me are just a novelty.

For viewing purposes, I give this app 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

John
New jersey
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the advantage I have with BlueIris is that I can see the last 4 recorded events and I can view my 6 cams at once, or one at a time and I can do this from my iPad as well since it's browser based.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed