IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IP-Cam (F-Series; Foscam-clone; KDM-6702AL)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
Saarlaender

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: IP-Cam (F-Series; Foscam-clone; KDM-6702AL) Reply with quote

Hi there,

ive got some of the "F-Series" PTZ-Cams, look exactly like the KDM-6702AL or Foscam FI8908W - branded with hootoo.

I want to upgrade the firmware / webui, but cant find any firmware. Only from Foscam, but i dont know if they'll work or not.

Is there any option to get the exact name of the cam/brand/model? Like via telnet or some hidden file... (but then i need advice to telnet etc)

I want to update because of this cruise-bug. If i define cruise points and let the cam cruise, its speed is unbelieveable slow. After every cruise point i have to manuel set the ptz-speed to anything from 1 to 10.
Next thing is that there are maybe some other improvements (record VIDEO straight to nas or ftp).

The next thing is finding a record solution - if possible without pc. Is there anything known that works with this cam (special NAS or special Software for some NAS-devices)? Elsewhere i'd take some software for the pc, but it should handle up to 9 or even more cams and delete old records when disk gets out of space.
I've found some nice software like milestone xprotect, but the most of them wont work with this cam or dont find them

I hope to get some help here ... and sry for my english ^^

Greetings from germany
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not use Foscam firmware on a non-Foscam camera as it will load and then brick your camera.

No, there's no way I know of to record video without a PC with a Foscam or it's clones. You can have it email you pictures from events. I use it this way myself.
Saarlaender

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

Is there any way to get the make and model name of mine?

And i know that there are some Cams (PTZ or non PTZ) with the ability to record straight to NAS (like Y-Tech). So there must be some more with this ability
Saarlaender

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saarlaender wrote:
thanks.

Is there any way to get the make and model name of mine?

And i know that there are some Cams (PTZ or non PTZ) with the ability to record straight to NAS (like Y-cam). So there must be some more with this ability
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get that information from the person that sold it to you.

As for cameras that write to NAS, very few, the best is Mobotix. The pro versions of IQEye can do this as well. Vivotek's can also write to NAS on the lower end. Some Panasonics and ACTi can FTP video to a NAS that has FTP services like a WD My Book World Edition.
Saarlaender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I thought these cams are all from the same manufacturer - each of them looks similar or equal to the others ... and the "real" manufacturer has got firmware for all of them, not just foscam for the foscam-labeled

I see, theres no ip-cam (ptz, dome, ...) with FTP-VIDEO- or NAS-Support with low price (unter 150 or better under 100). I Know thats very cheap, but these 50-60-PTZ-Cams can do nearly everything but nas or ftp-Video ... its just software-relatet so i thought there were some of them with updated firmware or something else that brings the nas or ftp-video-support

The solutions to record with ip-cams without pc are expensive too, so well take some cheap pc or laptop with ip-cam-super-client ^^
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some cameras that are made by single company and then individually branded, but for some reason, the Foscam design is being copied by different manufacturers, each with it's own firmware. Some are actually licensed by Foscam to do so, even then, there's at least two other manufactures. These look identical, even down to the packaging.

If you want good software that supports these cameras, try BlueIris.
Saarlaender

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, BlueIris is very nice.

There is just one thing missing: The Cruise-Mode.

In the menu of the cam and in one of the newest "ip camera super client" i can define positions and call them. The cruise-Mode is only in the newest ip camera super client - but not in BlueIris.

Is there any other program supporting the Foscam / Foscam-Clone / BSTI with cruise mode? I do not mean the patrol, i mean cruise through defined positions
nick_easyn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you buy a camera which OEM by hootoo company,if you camera have a domain name like demo.ipcam.hk.any question you can post in the bbs.ipcam.hk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed