IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTi TCM-1231 Installation for weather/security camera

N4NW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: ACTi TCM-1231 Installation for weather/security camera Reply with quote

Have camera running, can see on browser using the IP Utility to view and configure camera.

Configured camera for dynamic LAN address

Have set-up port forwarding in Westel router.

Have established a DynDNS.org account to point to my Verizon provided DHCP address.

Camera 's IP address is: http://n4nw.dyndns.org:7388
user name: visitor
password: 987654
Cannot access camera via LAN, cannot connect to camera from Internet.

Does anyone have the ACTI TCM-1231 settings? Any tips on how to configure Microsoft IIS and NVR software (documentation is lacking)? Tried Blue Iris but cannot get that to work either - so far.

So far I can see the same thing on my PC with the IP Utility from the camera that I can see by just looking out the window.
kashov

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: You need to prepare DMZ or port forward Reply with quote

Hi,
Because at the time domain leads to IP requests but then you end up there. In addition to port forward or do most easily done DMZ on the router also check whether the camera has a Gateway.

Greetings.
N4NW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to all.

You should be able to see camera with IE @ http://n4nw.dyndns.org:7300

Account -- visitor
password is 987654

Still working on it so appreciate you input.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the image, only the Web Configurator and then it gives me a "Connection Failed" message box. It looks totally different than my ACTi ACM-1231, but I can view mine remotely with IE.

On mine, the option for port number is in Host Settings, is that what you changed. This is different than the video control port option in the video setting option. What you may want to try is set them consecutively, like 7300 for the Host port, 7301 for the video control port and 7302 for the video streaming port. Then set the rule in your router for ports 7300-7302 to go to the camera's IP address. I think that's what I had to do to make mine work but it's been a while and now I just let Blue Iris handle it.
N4NW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per your suggestions I have set the Control server port as 7389 and the Streaming server port as 7390. THe HTTP port is 7388.

Perhaps that will work.

Tom

buellwinkle wrote:
I can't see the image, only the Web Configurator and then it gives me a "Connection Failed" message box. It looks totally different than my ACTi ACM-1231, but I can view mine remotely with IE.

On mine, the option for port number is in Host Settings, is that what you changed. This is different than the video control port option in the video setting option. What you may want to try is set them consecutively, like 7300 for the Host port, 7301 for the video control port and 7302 for the video streaming port. Then set the rule in your router for ports 7300-7302 to go to the camera's IP address. I think that's what I had to do to make mine work but it's been a while and now I just let Blue Iris handle it.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that works now. You have the same problem I have, spiders love that camera. I have to knock off a web every now and then.
N4NW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,

I did go out and check the camera. It has only been installed less than ten days so spiders must really love it. However, when I checked I cound not see any evidence of spider web, I used a jet of compressed air (comes in cans called Dust-Off) so if was there and I could not see it this should have taken care of the problem. Will see when it gets dark tonight because there is no evidence of it in the day-light.

buellwinkle wrote:
Yep, that works now. You have the same problem I have, spiders love that camera. I have to knock off a web every now and then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed