IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote Access Foscam FI8918W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
sparkybhoy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Remote Access Foscam FI8918W Reply with quote

Running latest Firmware and GUI

Hi guys, bought myself an IP Cam and I'm trying to set it up for remaote access, but not getting very far.

The camera is a Foscam FI8918W and the router is a HUAWEI HG520B.

As is the case with most home users I don't have a static IP so I have signed up for an account with DynDNS and the camera has recognised the account, however at that point I'm stuck.

I know I need to create a link and set up port forwarding, but it's beyond me it seems.

The instructions with the cam explain about port forwarding, but the interface in the example is nothing like the interface in my router, there is no "port forwarding" section as such, but I think the QoS section is the same, but it's very complicated and not as basic as the Lynksis router exampled, and the instructions are clearly translated from Chinese so are a little, erm, erroneous shall we say.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No two router companies will call it the same thing, what would be the challenge in that?

From what I could see of the menus, click on BASIC, then click NAT, then VIRTUAL SERVER and put in the normal stuff like camera IP address (make sure you set the camera up with a static IP), the port number (both start/end the same, usually 80 by default).

Most of the basic stuff is on my blog and you should read that before going too far. Also, it's best to let the router handle the DDNS stuff, not the camera.
sparkybhoy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, but I just can't work it out, I downloaded a programme to create static IP but it just wants to create one for my PC, I created a DynDNS account which is supposed to remove the need for a static IP, the whole thing has me bewildered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed