IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can not view camera outside home network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
smurfy71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Can not view camera outside home network Reply with quote

Hello, complete newbie here.

I have set up a Dlink 930 camera in my house and am trying to view it remotely, ideally on my blackberry. The camera came with software to connect to "mydlink.com" for remote viewing, but this is not BB friendly, and really, overall it sucks. So I started searching the net for alternate ways to view it remotely.

Most of the methods involve port-forwarding, and I have tried this a few different ways but am having no luck. I have assigned a static IP to the camera and can view it on my home network. I created a hosting page through dyndns.com, and forwarded it through that. If I try to view it remotely, I get my ISP information (user name and password). So i think it is stopping at my ISP modem and not accessing my wireless modem (dlink 615).

I'm guessing I have missed a step, or done something wrong, and someone with some experience can help me out.
adamb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

you can use http://sensr.net to view your camera from outside your firewall without any firewall config.

How to configure a DCS-930L from Mac or Linux will show you how to do this. If your camera is already up and running, you can skip the first part.

Hope this helps!
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackberries are good for email, that's it. Look at my blog, there's an article on how to configure camera and router fir external access.
Ingenious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

adamb wrote:
you can use http://sensr.net to view your camera from outside your firewall without any firewall config.

How to configure a DCS-930L from Mac or Linux will show you how to do this. If your camera is already up and running, you can skip the first part.

Hope this helps!

All 5 out of 5 of your posts are plugs for this!? Do you really need to spam this forum with every post you make?
adamb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

Ingenious wrote:

All 5 out of 5 of your posts are plugs for this!? Do you really need to spam this forum with every post you make?

Why is it spam if it's a legit solution to his problem?

smurfy71 seems to be having trouble seeing his camera because of firewall issues. I have a solution for that problem which certainly seems like a legit option. In fact I had the same problem and that's why I created the site.

Ok, so 5 out of 5 of my posts are about using sensr.net, but for legitimate solutions to problems people are asking about.
smurfy71

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

adamb wrote:

Hope this helps!

Thanks, but no thanks. Don't want public access to my camera.
adamb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

smurfy71 wrote:
adamb wrote:

Hope this helps!

Just to be clear. You can add a camera to sensr.net and set it as private. This means only you can see it. You don't need to do any port forwarding and you get archiving and mobile access for free.
jovially

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: HTTP Error - Bad Request Reply with quote

Hi, I have a DLink 5220 camera connected to my network.
I can ping it but when using web interface, IE8, it give me HTTP 400 Error.
I have removed MS silverlight from my PC as google the web said it was due to MS Sliverlight, but I still cannot link using web interface.
I would need to access it otherwise I will not be able to perform or change any settings.
Please help. thanks.
smurfy71

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

adamb wrote:
smurfy71 wrote:
adamb wrote:

Hope this helps!

Just to be clear. You can add a camera to sensr.net and set it as private. This means only you can see it. You don't need to do any port forwarding and you get archiving and mobile access for free.

Okay, so I signed up and followed the instructions. My camera says "Invalid FTP server address"
smurfy71

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: HTTP Error - Bad Request Reply with quote

jovially wrote:
I have removed MS silverlight from my PC as google the web said it was due to MS Sliverlight, but I still cannot link using web interface.
I would need to access it otherwise I will not be able to perform or change any settings.
Please help. thanks.

No offence, but you should start your own thread if you want someone to answer your question.
adamb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

smurfy71 wrote:
adamb wrote:
smurfy71 wrote:
adamb wrote:

Hope this helps!

Okay, so I signed up and followed the instructions. My camera says "Invalid FTP server address"

You may not have your DNS sever settings correct in your camera. I had this problem once and wrote this blog entry to help other folks find and fix it.

http://www.beguelin.com/2010/07/cant-ftp-from-ip-camera.html

Hope this helps.
jovially

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: HTTP Error - Bad Request Reply with quote

smurfy71 wrote:
jovially wrote:
Please help. thanks.

No offence, but you should start your own thread if you want someone to answer your question.

Ok. I will start with a new post. sorry about that.
smurfy71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: dcs-930 via sensr.net Reply with quote

adamb wrote:
smurfy71 wrote:
adamb wrote:
smurfy71 wrote:
adamb wrote:

Hope this helps!

You may not have your DNS sever settings correct in your camera. I had this problem once and wrote this blog entry to help other folks find and fix it.

http://www.beguelin.com/2010/07/cant-ftp-from-ip-camera.html

Hope this helps.

Your instructions are unclear, the website says to set the FTP settings on the camera, your blog says to set the DDNS settings, which is it? When I followed the blog instructions i get this error:
Invalid Dynamic DNS Provider setting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed