IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mole Camera issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
ITGuy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Mole Camera issues Reply with quote

Hello,

First off I love the mole camera's and I do IT work and have not only bought one for myself, but for clients who want sound with their video.
BUT....
my question is..
Am I slave to Yoics if I want to view the camera on my internal network?
Is there a way to direct connect to it on my PC via the camera IP?

I figured I would ask to see if someone has already been through this before I start tinkering.

Thanx!

Chris - IT Guy
ITGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Couldn't wait... Reply with quote

I started tinkering and figured..if this camera is networkable...I should be able to access it via my network without having to go through any sort of proxy.

Well, I went into my router, set up port forwarding for the camera so I could have my friends look at it and I could access it remotely.

I then made sure that my camera was set up right and had the right things checked, inputted etc and saved.

I then checked it by accessing the camera IP from the internal IP and the login and password popped up..entered the admin account I set up and it was blazing fast.
No waiting I think I counted to 5 and I had the camera interface, picture the whole kit and kaboodle.

I then called my buddy and had him access the main IP and BOOM..he was in!!

No Muss No Fuss.

I will also post this in the Success Stories...

Chris
timhillone
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try the following ip camera software, it can automatically search your Mole ip camera, and get h264 video stream and audio stream from it directly! Of course you can use ip address to connect it !
lowerpower

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI the mole camera is just like every other IP camera and can be used directly or with DYDNS. Yoics is just one way, and for the most clueless the only way they will ever be able to access it remotely, so for the average Joe that knows nothing Yoics works great. Yoics also works great when you don't control the router and can't do port forwarding, or if your ISP has gone NAT444 or NAT464, which in a year or so will be much more common (Dynamic DNS and port forwarding doesn't work with this)

Now the other real nice thing about the mole is that it only uses one port, none of this port forward 2 or 3 ports which breaks when you try to port forward more than one camera.

And the Mole works with any browser well, even with sound because it supports quicktime on apple platform, and on the windows platform it also supports quicktime on firefox, or activex on IE.

One thing I will recommend, is that you upgrade your firmware on the Astak camera buy asking Astak support for the iPad version of the firmware, the latest firmware on their website sucks compared to the firmware you can get from their support. The iPad version fixes lots of bugs and is much cleaner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed