IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dropped connection on Vivotek PT7137

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
ipfornick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Dropped connection on Vivotek PT7137 Reply with quote

Just got five new Vivotek PT7137 wireless IP cameras for monitoring the house. Got them all connected to my wifi network and able to monitor them at home on my PC using the Vivotek software, but the cameras periodically drop off the network. Not just the video signal, but the actual camera drops off the list of cameras. Periodically happening to all 5 cameras. I have to unplug the camera, then plug it back in and the network software (just using the Vivotek software now) will find the camera again. Tech support said my router wasn't fast enough, so I went out and got a brand new router and reinstalled all the cameras on the new wifi network. Same problem. Any ideas? Otherwise just going to return the cameras while I still can.

Thanks!
drvcrash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put another wireless access point or two at the other end of your house. Im sure its because of marginal wifi signal.

I"ve also noticed if I try and run more then 3 per ap they fight. also figure a G ap only has about 22mb of bandwidth no matter what its labeled. and thats with perfect signal.
ipfornick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. One of the cameras is only about 10' from the WAP and it keeps dropping. I'm kind of thinking bandwidth. I already cut the B&W and video quality; didn't help. I may try frame rate.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiFi for cameras is a pain, that's why I hard wired all cameras except one. Suprisingly, my Foscam can stay connected for a long time. It could be the DHCP lease times expire and the camera software has issues. Try setting fixed IP addresses for all wireless devices. At my house, my wifi printer and Foscam are fixed IP, otherwise they do drop occasionally. I also had a WiFi camera about 30' away and it would drop just because someone put a package behind it. WiFi is pretty sensitive to obsticles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed