IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help finding a network camera?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
brker48

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Need help finding a network camera? Reply with quote

I am looking for 4 network cameras. Can anyone help me find some that are outdoor, wireless, pan n tilt , and night vision?

Thanks
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know of any that meet that criteria. The toughest is wireless. The rest is easy. The most expensive is pan/tilt. What's your budget per camera?

Most find it futile to have an outdoor wireless camera because of the cost of wiring a GFI 110V circuit by the camera and then having a transformer plugged into it and the wire running to the camera. Messy look, expensive and WiFi rarely has a good enough signal from inside to out to do what you think it should. Many go PoE instead, where a single Ethernet cable connects and powers the camera. Cheaper than running conduit for 110V, the GFI protector, the electrician costs.
brker48

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replying back so fast. I would probably spend less than $300.00 per camera. Do you know of any PoE cameras that are outdoor, night vision, and pan/tilt?
Also will I be able to view a PoE camera through my cell phone or computer from anywhere?

Thanks
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, maybe an indoor camera like the low end Vivotek PT cameras like the PT7137 should be about $240. It has all you want, but not outdoors. There's Foscam on the very low of the lowest end for about $80, similar specs, but also indoor only.

The cheapest Panasonic that I know with all the features you want is closer to $600-700 like the BB-HCM371A probably meets all your criteria, it's wifi, it's PT, it's outdoor ready, has a CCD for better low light capability. It's a trade off, because for about the same money, you can forgo WiFi and get the megapixel version of the same camera, the BB-HCM735.
wingon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Foscam Fi8905w, good wireless outdoor camera, with good night vision distance, and it is cheap, around 140 USD per cam but no PTZ. The only problem I found is this camera is not weatherproof but only waterproof.

You can search it thought google and order it online.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would caution on the Fi8905w as it has a 12mm lens. That's very telephoto, maybe 35mm full frame equivalent to a 120 mm lens. You can change the lens, but the IR illuminators are aligned to the 12mm lens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed