IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panasonic BL-C131A and [AT&T] 2wire 2701HG-B modem/route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
Cristil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Panasonic BL-C131A and [AT&T] 2wire 2701HG-B modem/route Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic BL-C131A and [AT&T] 2wire 2701HG-B modem/router.

After using for a couple of years, I had to reset my password on the network camera. In order to do so, I had to completely reset the camera. Panasonic talked me through set up and I was able to view locally both wired and wireless. However, I could not view outside my home via viewnetcam or through the Panasonic “recording” software I had defaulted on my computer at work, as I was able to before the reset. After several calls with Panasonic they said they could help me as far as they could but that AT&T had to forward the port. After several calls with AT&T (including paying for the tech service and allowing them into my home computer) that the port should be forwarded but that the router does not recognize the camera so its in the camera set up; also since I did not replace the router or need to reset the router, they said, nothing should have changed from before.

My viewnetcam account is active.

My work does not block.

Panasonic and AT&T are pointing the finger at each other. Does anyone out there know what’s going on? I am minimally tech knowledgeable (if you talk me through I do OK). And have searched the internet and forums for answers only to follow the diagrams and get to the same place I’m currently at.

Thanks.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2wire is junk, I had a few of them, they start malfunctioning after a year or two and that last one I had malfunctioned in the port forwarding area, same as you. the 2701HG-B. It was configured properly for port forwarding, but it didn't do it.

Check out the DSL/WiFi Routers from Netgear, they sell them at Staples. Not going to tell you it' great, but it works and Staples has a great extended warranty and I get it on printers and routers because neither seems to last more than 2 years for me. You don't even have to prove it's broken with Staples, just bring it in and they give you a new one in a box. What I like is that it's a DSL modem and WiFi router in one, less stuff to plug in, less wires, one place to blame when it doesn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed