IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anything Special about Canon and Axis for Port Forwarding?

adam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Anything Special about Canon and Axis for Port Forwarding? Reply with quote

I posted a similar request in the General forum, but realize I should have posted here.

In any case, I have an Axis 207W and a Canon VB-C50i I want to make accessible outside of the network. I am using a Belkin router and port forwarding to the two cameras. This doesn't work. Now, I have about 6 other cameras from Panasonic, Toshiba, and Sony on the same network, using the same router and port forwarding, and they work fine. So, does Axis and Canon use more ports than just one for outside access? For example, on the Axis I have the web server to run on port 8000, and have the router forwarding all packets to port 8000 to the Axis, just like I do with the other cameras, but the axis refueses to work. And yes, both the Axis and Canon work perfectly within the network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out over this one! Smile
IPCCTV
Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: AXIS ports Reply with quote

Send me a zipped copy of the Installation / Admin guide pdfs and I can look for you if you wish
adam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer IPCCTV, but I actually figured out what the problem was! The camera needs to have an IP for the Default Gateway setting. Strange because I don't enter this for my othe 5 cameras and they all work fine. So anyway, mystery solved. I simply entered the router's IP address in the Default Gateway field and all works fine now.
John_IPTech_UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick observation. Did your other cameras get there IP address by DHCP? Some cameras are default to obtain the address by DHCP and others are static. This could be the reason why the default gateway was not assigned. The Axis camera is default to a static IP address.

Very Happy
adam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I manually set my IP addresses on all my cameras. I've had too many problems when relying on DHCP. Also, port forwarding becomes a nightmare (in my experience) when using DHCP.

I actually got rid of the Axis so I don't know if the default gateway was the issue on why I couldn't get it to accessible from the outside. The default gateway was the resolution for the Canon VB-C50i.

I also just got a Sony SNC-RZ50N... an amazing camera! By far the best Network camera I have. It's expensive, but well worth the quality of the optics, the EXTREMELY quiet and smooth (not to mention fast) of the Pan/Tilt mechanism. Sony by far has the best Pan/Tilt mechanism in the industry. Canon is okay, but too loud and not nearly as smooth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed