IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTi TCM1231 Settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
nyckylim

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: ACTi TCM1231 Settings Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Finally, my long awaited TCM1231 has arrived.

For VMS, I'm still comtemplating between ExacqVision and MileStone. However, main problem now is the camera setup.

Hope you guys can take a look and give some opinions on the settings. The camera in the car poach is good. However, the one at the backyard is very bad.

Hope someone can provide me on some tips to improve the quality. (Can't install more lights anynmore)

Thank you
Nycky

Car Poach

Backyard:
[

Thank you
Nycky
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you trying to do? Don't worry about setting motion detection and such, waste of time, the software you buy will do this.

What you need to do is log in and change the password for your own sanity, change the IP to a fixed IP on your network and set the time server.

You go to SETUP, then IP SETTINGS, and put in your fixed IP address you want for the camera, the netmask and gateway.

Go to DATE & TIME and put in a time server for the NTP time server, I use windows.com, sync once a day and also set your timezone.

Go to SYSTEM, then USER ACCOUNT and change the password to what you like.

Then in the software you get, put in that it's an ACTi camera using video port 6002 and port 80 for http and put in the IP address and camera user name and password and you should see the camera via your software. Then from the software you'll have to setup email server, ftp server, whatever you want to do on events and then set the motion detect masks and it will start recording events.

Try a simpler software to start. Some of the higher end commercial solutions can be intimidating. I tried the most expensive Milestone and found it tough to use and I'm used to tough software, but it was not easy nor intuitive. If you have trouble with the camera screens and settings, I'm sure you will be mesmirized by the software you are contemplating. Check out BlueIris Software, has a 14 day trial, costs $50 if you like it and it just works.

Check out the exposure settings, the one screen you do not show. It's setup by default at 1/5 of a second, not good for motion. Set it to 1/30th of a second and it starts looking to grainy towards dusk, just have it switch to nigh mode earlier.

If you have trouble setting it up, I can send you a gotomeeting invite and share your desktop with you to help you out.
nyckylim

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really kind of you to offer to share desktop to assist me. Do you think it is possible via skype ? Or iChat ? I'm using a Macintosh.

I've found the solution to the BackYard's image looking dark. The shutter speed was set to 1/120. Now that I've changed it to 1/10, it looks much better.

What I'm trying is to tweak the settings via the camera's IP to attain the best quality.

My recording will be on 24/7. Therefore, motion detection is not much of an issue.

I've already set my IP to static and updated the time server. Password have also been changed already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed