IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Software Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software
jakeyg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Software Recommendations Reply with quote

We are looking at implementing 16 cameras in a new showroom to keep track of the number of people coming through as well as if anything gets stolen etc. We will be using vivotek cameras 1.3M FD8134 running POE.
I have been looking at software that we could use and i have to say im a bit bewildered by the range that is out there.
We have a few criteria to match
1) Needs to be able to record to HDD if there is motion detection
2) Needs to be able to email and/or sms pics immediately to a couple of numbers if required
3) Need to be able to login remotely
4) needs to be able to send captured motion via sftp to a remote ftp site
5) needs to allow users to login remotely and use the software... with this, obviously it would be good if it had a web front end. Otherwise i could easily setup ssh login or RDC if we go with windows.
6) possibly may need to be expanded to other showrooms, so could use up to 100+ cams. which in turn would need other nvr units (read computers with some nvr software running on them).
7) possibly integrating the client software into our intranet site

Ive looked at Blueiris, and it looks ok for the basic stuff, though it didnt seem to want to record when it detected motion though im not sure if that was just beacuse it was a demo.

Ive looked at milestone, which looks very good and thoroughly comprehensive, though a little pricey. It setup the cams we have immediately and i was able to get it to do the motion recording. The only thing was i didnt really like the client front end.

Luxriot looked to be the goods, but it wouldnt let me connect to the server using the client software even thought it was set to http://localhost and in my computer experience when a demo looks good but cant do something simple like that straight off the bat then run and save yourself endless hours/days/months of frustration.

I wanted to try NUUO but the only demo i could find was a youtube video... Sorry but this doesnt work for me. I want to try it with my cameras and setup before i go ahead and make a decision.

Security Monitor pro also looked good, it was easy to setup and configure though it was limited to only 16cams. WebcamXP also looked pretty good too, although the same expansion issues.

Or what about QNAP NAS NVR? i thought 1100 was a bit steep for a NAS drive running an dual core atom cpu. But if anyone can vouch for the software/functionality of the system id be happy to look into it some more

So what im really asking in is what are your thoughts on these client/server systems and with regards to our requirements can you suggest any other systems we might consider?

thanks for your time and help
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueIris records fine for me. Maybe you didn't set it up correctly. Check their forum fir help.

Check out Geovision. Not too expensive (seen it fr $200). It has analytics so you can count people that go in a location and other types of analytics.
QNAPsecurity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Jacky,

we are the QNAP tech support team, and we would like to share some new free upgrades about QNAP software feature, and we greatly appreciate if any further questions, Very Happy

The firmware 3.5.0 upgrade improves the surveillance performance of QNAP VioStor NVR servers with the following new features:

- Dynamic E-map: The dynamic E-map feature allows users to pinpoint the position of each IP camera on a multi-layered digital map. It also provides instant notification of alerts whereas immediate access to the corresponding live view is gained by simply clicking on the desired camera icon.

- Video Segment Backup to External USB Device: Users can now back up specific video segments of the camera channels from the VioStor NVR to an external USB storage device connected to the front panel of the NVR by specifying the start and end time. It offers an exceptionally convenient way for video backup.

- Real-time Video Watermarking: Real-time digital watermarks are embedded to the videos of the IP cameras as soon as they are recorded to the VioStor NVR to ensure the authenticity of the video files.

- 16-Channel Simultaneous Video Playback: The new V3.5.0 firmware has largely increased the maximum number of channels for simultaneous remote playback from 4 to 16 to enhance the efficiency of video investigation.

- New IP Cameras Support: In addition to more than 1,000 models of IP camera and video server, QNAP Security has added the support for Basler, Samsung, Yokogawa, and ONVIF-compliant Bosch, EverFocus and Hunt IP cameras to its compatibility list for the VioStor NVR series. New models of the existing compatible brands are also supported.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 channels on an Atom processor based NVR, that's impressive for 16 megapixel cameras. I'm running 50% cpu average with five 1.3 megapixel cameras on my Atom based PC, albeit with Win 7 and BlueIris. Maybe with Linux it would be more efficient.
kermitfrog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Check out C-MOR Reply with quote

Have a look on http://wwwc-mor.com

C-MOR supports all features via web. It's easy to understand. The max number of cams is 15, but you can install multiple systems in a Virtual Environment which makes it very scalable.

It supports ftp update. Probable you need to talk to the guys there for SFTP implementation.

Have a look on the great online demo and maybe you want to test the free virtual machine for VMware or Xen first.

Kermit
skane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using all Vivotek cams, check out the free ST7501 VMS that comes with the cameras. I played around with it for a couple weeks and it's ok. Not sure if it'll do sftp though.

Not sure about the problem you had with Luxriot, it plays nicely with Vivoteks. If you use Luxriot, you'll need to do some of the things in your list on camera-side (e.g. email on motion).
timhillone
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try the following ip camera software : H264WebCam from www.h264soft.com , this ip camera software can support many ip cameras and easy to use including motion record functions.
adam718

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: IP Video Surveillance Software Reply with quote

We use Security Monitor Pro with up to 24 cameras per PC - http://www.deskshare.com/video-surveillance-software.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed