IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Embedding text on live video of skyipcam 500w

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Embedding text on live video of skyipcam 500w Reply with quote

Embedding text on live video of skyipcam 500w possible? The live feed has the date and time stamp, but would like to embed some text as well.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many cheap cameras coming from China it's hard to keep up. Typically these cameras are geared towards rookie consumers that want it all for under $100. The camera company must have support, ask them, preferably in Chinese. The question you have to ask yourself is, are trees really that color, haha? I got sick of looking at purple/brown/gray trees and gave up on these type of cameras.

If you want an inexpensive camera that does that, has good color accuracy, look at the low end Axis M10 series, you can have an overlay logo an text. The logo can go anywhere on the image.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I knew what I was buying and did so due to budget restrictions. Yes colors due change due to different lighting at different times of day. That's something I can live with for the time being. Your statement " The camera company must have support, ask them, preferably in Chinese." is a bit off. I did contact support with a few questions and spoke directly to a gentleman at the corporate office (3rd tier support) here in Calif. and was very helpful and did so in English. Yes a knowledgeable American speaking fluent English, Imagine that.

Ya know sometimes folks find work arounds on things and forums are a good place to get possible answers. I've already found a few. Maybe I should have started my question off with "I bought a cheap Chinese camera and..."? My question was not if I bought a high quality camera, but one of if anyone knew of a workaround on the original question I had..
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, since you spoke to a knowledgeable American speaking fluent English at corporate headquarters, was he/she able to answer your question? Just wondering.. Smile

John
New Jersey
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes in fact he did. Then guy was quite helpful and nice. Emailed me his phone number along with additional info and invited me to call any time if I had a problem.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that is highly unusual. I've had several brands of Chinese sub $100 cameras an I would call it Chinglish and support has been spotty at best. Good to know some Chinese companies step up to the plate and have an english speaking staff. Is the manual in English too? Mine came in Chinglish.

The camera I did recomend that can do what you want is not expensive, but will likely do what you want and is better built. I believe you can get the M1011 or M1011W for about $150 give or take. While certainly not $79, it's certainly a better camera in build quality, image quality (by a long shot not only in color accuracy but in sharpness of the image) and in it's firmware features.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will definitely give them a look soon!
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle I looked at the M1011 and when the budget allows I'll upgrade. Looks like a nice cam for what I need one for. In the meantime I'll do the best with best with what I have. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

Today I think I'll try a few tweaks and try to find a work around the login screen and try and get the video embedded into my website without the control buttons/links and company logo stuff on the screen. Give me a challenge and something to do today. Some say it can't be done. Hopefully the M1011 will come into the mis soon....... Tony
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle I read your review on the M1011 and have a few questions. How does the fixed focus work?? Is there a distance? I also saw the images and of course the night vision is poor to non existent, but then again I'm using it for daytime weather observation etc so night vision isn't a huge issue. Then daytime images I saw in your review sure looked better than my 500W. After looking over the manual (pdf) seems setup is a tad more complicated yet I only need it for live video streaming and ftp to Weather Underground so most the other features will never be used.

On the M1011 how does the website interface work? Just trying to gather up some info. been reading a lot. You've seen my cam and know what it produces and seems the M1011 would be better. I really can't afford much more but if I can beat what I have by far with the M1011 it seems the way to go for me. any input welcomed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed