IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice view of M1011 at work outdoors...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Nice view of M1011 at work outdoors... Reply with quote

Morro Bay Ca. looking across Pacific Coast Highway over the high school towards the infamous Morro Rock. Cam is doing quite well. Excellent frame rates!.........

http://morrobayweather.us/live-weather-cam.htm
CjMcD
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got an error 500??

CJ
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's running Quicktime...some don't have their settings correct. There is an alternate link on the page that does work... been getting repsonses all day... here is the alternate link

http://24.205.250.25:81/
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have quicktime installed it will get a 500 error, you have to go your main web page then click on Live Weather Cam and then it will prompt you to install Quicktime. You may want to put a link to the quicktime download page for those having trouble.

Nice view of Morro Rock. Would be cool if you can get a closer in look. What I thought would work, and may be interesting is something that people with Flip cameras do that want more wide angle or telephoto. You get a kit for camcorders for telephoto or wide angle add on lens. They come with a set of ring adapters and find the one that fits best in front of the camera and glue it on. then you can screw on the telephoto or wide angle lens of your choice. There's several youtibe videos on how to do this, here's one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQUog2TpY4
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle now that would be sweet! I've looked at kits for both 72 and 55mm, but don't see where they come with a set of ring adapters (to choose from). Heck just a 2x zoom would do me great!

would be perfect for the ocean view across the freeway I can barely get to now as well.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this would work for zoom as it does for the wide angle. For zoom the distance between the cam lens and add on lens would have to be perfect to achieve focus. Might be difficult. Like looking through a magnifying glass. You have to have it exactly in the right spot for focus etc...
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, I would assume they have a way to focus them, but the Flip is in the same boat with a glued on lens.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to a photog expert in the family and said it would work with the 2x lens, just be sure to use a glass lens and not plastic. Will have items needed next week and will post my results here. Should be interesting...
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick observation, must be windy in Morro Bay because the camera is moving. Maybe guy wires on the pole may help stabilize it.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually what that is lol.......... my deck/porch is semi floating. The cam and pole is attached to it. After our 6.0 earthquake a few years ago the deck was built somewhat free standing so it moves a bit when people walk on it. the wind hasn't bothered the cam at all. What you saw was the wife walk out onto the deck/porch heading outside. It's rare, but you'll only see that if someone's walking out there and heading down the steps. Very Happy Like I said though the wind hasn't budged the cam at all. My brother first saw that and called right away asking if we had another earthquake? Laughing Said nah, just momma heading outside... Laughing
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another little tid bit on the cam... I had a 180 degree misunderstanding on the back lighting thing. I disabled it and the image is much, much better. It was whiting out the sky and overriding some of my settings. Now if the 2x lens trick works, should be pretty nice.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder here........ the greenish light that lights up around the backside of the M1011 loens... is that just a power on indicator light?? I'm wondering what effect that might have on the tunnel of the 2x telephoto lens? Doesn't seem to do anything at night in the housing such as reflect off housing glass etc. Hopefully that light is just a power on light (indicator) and won't channel the light towards the lens since the lens will be encased in the adapter ring followed by the 2x lens itself?

Neighbor came over with a flat 2x lens (looks like the adapter ring, but with glass and held it up in front of housing glass ( camera lens is right near the housing glass0 and it worked great so hoping the larger telephoto does as well. I know the difference as one the round flat one is one lens where the larger telephoto has multiple lenses in it. I also hope the "channel" on the telephoto doesn't obstruct the viewing angle ie; as in the degree of the field of vision?
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, that light is optional and I have mine set to off. Go to Setup, System Options, LED and select OFF.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...done deal so at least that won't be an issue.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post more later, BUT 2X zoom lens is attached to the M1011 and it works! Cam was moved from porch/deck due to movement and now attached to a power pole (ours). Not a bad deal for a $25 project (for the zoom) and a little time. I'll do a quick project post later, but indeed you can ZOOM with an Axis M-1011. Cool

When you double your field of vision though it also doubles the sensitivity of the cam of any movement. . One drawback if you really want to call it that by using the 2x zoom you obviously bring everything in closer and it narrows your field of vision. Morro Rock has definitely grown. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed