IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q6032-E issues

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
BarrySDCA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Q6032-E issues Reply with quote

I purchaed a new Q6032-E for a webcam (www.SunDiegoLive.com) little over a month ago. It sat in the box while I waited for the T1 to be installed. Finally set it up on Friday and there is a seam in the bubble that just kills the image when looking at the horizon. I read in another thread about the same issue. Is there a replacement bubble?

Next issue is I intended to order Q6034-E. And since it's been more than a month from ordering, provantage will not take it back. I just wanted to swap it for the 6034-E.

first question: is there a better bubble?

does the 6034-E have the same seam in the bubble?

anyone know where/how I can switch out the camera for the 6034? will be happy to pay the upgrade costs, etc..

thank you
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that seam is a feature of that camera, regardless of if you get the 32 o 34, but honestly, keep the 32, it's CCD vs. CMOS, it should have much better low light image quality than the 34 and do you really need a larger image on your website, 640x480 is already pretty good.

I do believe your camera is defective, the sky looks gray in your image and everyone knows the sky is always blue in San Diego, or as you call it "Sun" Diego
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seam in the bubble is also in my 5534-e. Luckily all i need to see is well below the seam, but if that was not the case, i'd be pizzed for the money spent. The designer of the seam in the bubble should have been fired from his job. Likewise, same for the person at Axis that let this design flaw to hit the market.

John
New jersey

Last edited by JohnnyC on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrySDCA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted a ton of places and got a call back from Cody at Moon Blink. he got axis on the phone, and they are sending me a dome with a higher line. He said it's about 1/2" up, which may help some. but ya need a better bubble.

the dome on there now is tinted. that was a mistake. It's killing the color. needs the clear one. Cody might also be able to help me swap it for a 6034. I wanted the 6034 because it's a really panoramic/awesome view and screams 16:9

I don't think light will be an issue.

if anyone finds any better domes please YELL!

thank you!
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you share the phone number and names to speak to at Cody or any information to contact the appropriate person to get a better bubble? My camera is only 2 months old and although I view below the line, there may be a day I redeploy the camera at a different location and need to view at the seam. You can send me a privaste message if you desire on this site.

Thank you,

John
New Jersey
BarrySDCA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Cody's contact info. I just met him (online) yesterday and he has already saved me tons of time. we will be giving our biz to this company from now on. provantage runs the other direction as soon as they got your $$

Cody Martin
Sr. Account Manager (Southwest)
Moonblink Communications
(408) 850-6046 (Direct)
(408) 616-0642 (Cell)
(408) 350-2020 (Fax)
cody@moonblink.com
www.moonblink.com
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get huge discounts on Axis products, might as well buy from someone that knows their stuff and I can say the folks at Moonblink know their stuff.

As for low light capability, look at the review on my blog on the P5534-E, it probably has the same sensor as the Q6034-E and you can see it's low light capability. It's probably a little grainier than you may be used to on the 32.
BarrySDCA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I replaced the camera for the Q6034, with the new dome from axis that was supposed to have a higher line. It didn't

www.SunDiegoLive.com

so now I'm looking for a custom dome I suppose. I'm open to suggestions.

thank you,
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that looks pretty bad. Johnny had a Panasonic PTZ that had great image quality, had great low light capability in color and was relatively cheap, the bb-hcm581a. It's an indoor PTZ but he put it in a high end Pelco dome enclosure. Cost about $1,000 altogether I believe.

As far as 3rd party glass, that would be tough, it would have to fit exactly and may void the warranty. I would send it back as not usable.

Also, as a last thought, you can buy a bunch of good quality Axis cameras for the price of that Q60. For example, Johnny use the Axis M1114 that run about $500 each, has good night vision, auto-iris (needed in the SD sun) and a varifocal lens (manul zoom) and is also HD like your Q60. You can stage a few of them at different points and show multiple images.
BarrySDCA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the axis tech told me how this was in the design for some technical reason to prevent distortion of the picture. seems like the cure is worse than the disease - a clear design flaw in what would otherwise be an excellent camera.

I like the camera though. I'm going to call my buddy MacGyver...stay tuned
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow i missed the earlier responses. Sorry to hear the new bubble also has a line. As for my pelco dome, it is large enough to fit our cameras with room to spare, but obviously would void the warantee on our expensive cameras. I thought about swapping the pelco bubble with the axis bubble, but the pelco bubble is larger. Funny axis stated what they did to justify the line....... The pelco bubble has no line and zero distortion.

John
New jersey
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The night vision is not that bad, but it's way out of focus.

Axis has to make this right. How can that be acceptable, even for a $99 camera?
BarrySDCA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

night focus definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I believe it's the auto focus wigging out.. I've yet to store the focal position in the PTZ positions. I assume it does that....will find out today.

I may have a solution for a MacGyver brand bubble. stay tuned...
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I store the focus setting with mybpresets. It helps rather than autofocus each preset especially if you are patrolling. I jump presets every 10 second. One thing i learned is to set your focus for each preset in the early morning or evening when the sun is at 50%.

John
New jersey
barefaceben

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at finding a solution for this problem as well (Since Axis doesn't seem to have an answer). Is the current dome made of PMMA or some other plastic?

Does anyone know how the two pieces are fused together in the current manufacturing process (heat, glue, solvent) to create the seam?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed