IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Can't view my surveillance cameras through internet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
zaposcyber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Help! Can't view my surveillance cameras through internet. Reply with quote

I installed some cameras to my shop but I can't access them trough the internet I only see the DVR menu but cant see the video on Quick time it just says that is connecting. I can only see when I'm connected trough my local network. Can anybody pleas help me? I am using windows 7.

The IP Address to access the cams is http://187.175.136.36/index.htm user:demo code:demo

Pleas let me know if you can see the cams.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, Windows 7, that explains it, most cameras use some version of Linux inside them, like TinyLinux. Why they are putting Windows 7 in cameras is beyond me.

What's likely happening is that the camera, currently of unknown origin is spitting its video out on another port besides 80. Yes, it's also using 80 to control the webpage, but many cameras use more than one port, heck, I use one that uses 3 ports. Check you manual and or go through the setup screens and look for something that says video port or rtsp port or control port. Then open that port number up on your router like you did with port 80. Don't try and save ports by making them all 80, that trick doesn't work and you have 65000 port numbers to chose from, no need being stingy.
zaposcyber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try that. Thank you!

New IP address http://189.161.176.143/index.htm user:demo code:demo
zaposcyber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed and opened a different port. Still cant see cameras just shows connecting but never connects. Pleas let me know if anybody can see the cams.

http://189.161.176.143:1025 user: demo pass: demo
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried your link, but the message i got was can't comnect to server. I was never prompted for an ID and password. Monday morning 8 am east coast.

John
New jersey
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I confused you, it was late Sunday, what can I say.

Some cameras require more than one port number to do their magic. For example, my ACTi brand cameras, out of the box (no changes to port numbers) requires port 80, port 6002, port 6001 for them to work. So on my router, I have to have an entry for each port number, like 192.168.0.100 port 80, 192.168.0.100 port 6002, 192.168.0.100 port 6001. If I only opened up port 80, then I would get the web site, lets me log in but no picture. If I give it 6002 only I would not be able to log into the camera, all three have to port forwared on your router.

My example is for ACTi only, I have no idea what camera you have and every brand of camera does things differently.
skane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're trying to access remotely by connecting to DVR, review the manual for port(s) that need to be forwarded to the DVR in your router. If the DVR documentation doesn't provide this info, install a network analyzer like wireshark, connect on the LAN, and note all the ports (DVR-side) used to connect to the DVR on the LAN connection. Then forward those ports in your router and test with a remote connection.

Not sure why quicktime is mentioned. Are you trying to connect directly to the cameras remotely using quicktime? If quicktime is in the mix, it might be using rtsp streaming, in which case that would be going over TCP port 554.
adam718

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Help! Can't view my surveillance cameras through internet. Reply with quote

Looks like your router is not setup correctly. Here is an article that explains how to configure internet streaming - http://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/wcm_Internet_Streaming.aspx
zaposcyber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for your responds but I still can't make it work.

Can any body check on my link and tell me if they can see the cams.

http://189.161.176.143/index.htm user:demo pass:demo
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comes back for me with the html stuff, but not the image. What's the brand & model number and if you have a link to the manual on the internet. I think you are missing out on the port number stuff.

But here, try this, brute force. When you setup port fowarding on your router, there's an option somewhere called DMZ. Set DMZ up to go to your camera's internal IP address. DMZ says, scrw port numbers and send every incoming request to the camera. That has to work. I don't remcomend you leave it that way, but it's a brute force way to test if your camera is viewable remotely.
Morro Bay Weather
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a wild shot but also enable port 554. I also am using Windows 7 (with Axis M1011) and using Quicktime. I was having an issue at first and my network engineer brother had me enable the additional port. I run my cam on Port 81. Port 80 is blocked by ISP (which can be common). In other words for me I set up port forwarding in router for the cam to both ports 81 and 554 and for whatever the reason it solved my issue.

Like mentioned be sure your router is setup correctly and depending on what anti virus software you use etc, you may also might be blocked by a firewall issue from being viewed by the WAN as well.

I kind of agree you have a port forwarding issue since it's not leaving the LAN and unavailable to the WAN.

Out of curiosity what type router are you running?

Just passing on a personal experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed