IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Astak Mole PTZ protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
ChrisNnash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Astak Mole PTZ protocol Reply with quote

Hey there everyone! I have been trying to set up my Astak mole to use with the Blue Iris software. In the software you have to specify what PTZ protocol needs to be used. Since there is a fairly large list, I decided I would contact Astak and ask. Below is the exchange. Mad If anyone knows what protocol to use, that would be great.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:03 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Feedback From Astak.com

Hello, Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, we will not be able to release the protocol at this time but
we have plan to release the source code in the near future. Please keep
checking us to see what we have come out.

Thank you,

Astak Support Team
www.astak.com
www.theezreader.com
www.molecamera.com

----- Original Message -----
To: <support@astak.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 19:00
Subject: Feedback From Astak.com

> E-Mail: xxxxxxxxx@comcast.net
> Phone: XXXXXXXXXXX
> Model: MOLE
> Product Type: IP camera
>
> Content: What PTZ protocol does the MOLE camera use? I need to know so I
> can set it up with Blue Iris recording software. This is my second email!
>
> Thanks
> Chris
timhillone
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H264WebCam 3.85 can support this Astak Mole ip camera! It can get h.264 video stream and audio stream from this ip camera, and support PT control, preset function, color adjustment etc. You can freely download and try in 21 days!
ChrisNnash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your software is what I'm trying to replace.

Here are the reasons.

1. I bought a version with 16 channels, when you went from v3.79 to v3.8 you eliminated 8 channels in the "pro" version. That's not what I paid for, and when I contacted your company, the response was basically "too bad."
2. Your motion detection interface is horrible. A grid with dots doesn't help with complex shapes in which to block. Plus give me some options here. Luminance, blob detection, etc.
3. The interface is clunky and old. Trying to figure out the "encode" options took me weeks to finally figure out.
4. "... and support PT control, preset function" The camera only supports two preset positions. Home and 1 other. Not a selling point.
5. No matter the encoding choices, the program uses about 30%-40% of a 2.3Ghz Phenom x3. Uses about 10% more when the program is minimized. (just emailed about this days ago)
6. Can't customize the layouts. 8 pre-defined, and that's it.
7. No degree of analytics. If I set cameras to record 24/7, there is nothing to show there was movement in the clip. Not even a browser to show clips that it recorded with motion detection on. I have no way of knowing if anything happened in a clip without opening the clip and scrolling through.
8. No java support. Only streaming media options.

Honestly, I wish I had requested a refund soon after purchasing.

Now, back to the original post... I'm looking for any input regarding the PTZ protocol used on this camera. Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris
timhillone
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can not found your order according name "nash"! Can you tell us your order ID and order date ? Thanks! If you can find other ip camera software can support Astak Mole ip camera! Congratulation! We will improve our software continuously! But your opinion is very uniquely.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've tried many of the low cost NVR software solutions and in my opinion BlueIris works the best. Send an email to Ken at BlueIris, I believe the email is support@blueirissoftware.com. If he can't tell you what to do immediately, give him remote access to your camera and he'll have it working in no time, never had a problem with Ken not getting something working, awsome guy.

Also, you can post on their support forum and possibly get help from another Mole/BlueIris user. Not the most intuitive domain name, but it's here - http://www.cam-it.org/smf/index.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed