IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't view IP cam outside of home network, any suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
bluesteel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Can't view IP cam outside of home network, any suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum, it seems to be full of great information and knowledgeable people.
I am ultimately trying to view my IP camera from an android App.
The problem I'm having is that I can't view the camera from anywhere outside my network. I have spoken to the customer service at Linksys Cisco, and TZO with no resolution. Each person claims it is an issue with one of the other variables...
What I have done:
I have enabled port forwarding on the IP for the camera in the router 80-1024
I have tried setting up DDNS with TZO.com (wouldn't connect)
TZO customer service said, try TZO lite, and that would work for sure. (didn't)
I've spent many hours trying different variables, too many to remember or list.
I've searched, and read numerous articles, none of which resolved the problem.
Cisco, TZO, and Linksys customer service techs were unable to resolve either.
If anyone can shed any light my way, it would be greatly appreciated.

Linksys WRT54G Router
Linksys WVC200 Wireless G IP Camera
Time Warner/Roadrunner ISP
Foscamdotbiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What WAN IP is your router showing? I had the same problem. It turned out to be an issue with Road Runner after I switched from Turbo to Extreme access. My Airport Extreme Base Station's WAN IP was showing a LAN 192.168.xx.xx IP. Their modem was set to Bridge Mode and wasn't giving my router a WAN IP. They switched something and now my WAN IP is 24.208.xx.xx and my cam can be seen on the Internet.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable modem that you got from Time Warner, is it just a cable modem or is it a router too? You can tell if you connect just one PC directly to it, do an ipconfig command in a dos window and see what the IP is. If it starts with 10. or 192.168. it's a router too and you can't do port forwarding when you plug one router into another.
Foscamdotbiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there was no router in it. They wanted to charge me another $4.95 a month to use their's for my wifi network. The tech told me it was a new model modem and they didn't know much about them. He couldn't get in it from the control panel on mine or his computer. He called his support and they were on the phone for about 1/2 hour. Finally they switched something on their end and I was getting my old IP back that I had on their Turbo modem. The first guy that was here the day before to install the new modem tried to tell me the problem was with my cam and they couldn't help me with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed