IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are the main factors which affect the picture quality?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
bajo88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: What are the main factors which affect the picture quality? Reply with quote

Hi all,

please can you tell what are the main attributes that affect the quality of the video picture and its "smoothiness"?

I mean I need to cover several rooms with live video stream. It is in privte kinder garden I run. I want parents to have an option to watch their kids during the day vie phone/tablet/web. The main priority is the quality of the picture. I would like to have quality like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwOcG5zvftI&feature=related

but of couse in som more usual resolution (like 16:9, or so)... but the image quality and "smoothines" should be as the same as in the video?

So what camera to buy? I was told that this one should be enough:
http://networksecurityandmore.blogspot.com/2011/06/avn80x-ivs-ip-camera-review.html

If you think that camera is OK, what else can affect the quality of the final output??? I guess that intenet connection, but the one we got has 50 Mbit upload.

I need as smooth video as possible...

Thank you very much for help of any kind!!
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can read the review on my blog, ironically I compare the AVTech to an Axis M1031. The AVTech does really well, the price is good, you'll be happy with the image quality and your bandwidth is more than ample. I think the Axis M1104 would serve you well though, but at a higher price point as you already figured out.

I would put BlueIris software on a PC and have the cameras connect to it. The reason is you need something that can put images from various cameras on one screen, allow them to click on one video and see the higher res image and do it on any device out there (phone, iPad, Macbook, PC, chrome, safari, IE). Also, Blueiris will let you create userids and assign groups of cameras to certain users. For example, you may have a security group of cameras that only you can look at and play room cameras all mom's can access.

An alternative camera you may want to consider is the ACTi cube (4201) only because it's PoE where the AVN80x requires a power supply at each camera, the ACTi is powered through the single ethernet cable required anyway for the connection making install easier (you don't need an outlet at each camera, saves on electrician costs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed