IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AXIS P1346 seems like a great camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
SCHYBRID

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: AXIS P1346 seems like a great camera Reply with quote

The AXIS P1346 seems like a great camera.

It has the following :

3 Megapixel
1080p resolution

im not sure which lens is best for this camera though, any recommendations ?

Im using the camera as a single camera setup in front of my house. im looking for a lense thats close to 180 degrees .
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best 180 degree camera is the Mobotix D14-180. It's two separate 3MP sensor (for a total of 6MP), each one covering 90 degrees and the images are married together to form one image. If you try and do 180 degrees with a single sensor you will have a bad fisheye effect.
SCHYBRID

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before i buy this camera, is this the best camera out there right now for what i need ?

i want :

1080p
good viewing angle
good software
POE
capability to view with iphone 4

is this the best deal out there ??? ?
jb_bak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your asking what is the best in quality, it is mobotix.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you some sample images from the P1346.
SCHYBRID

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, this is getting soo confusing !!!!

I'm looking for a good quality camera, single IP camera that had good sharp picture. I'm willing to spend the money for it, but i just want a good picture.

If you guys had to buy one , which one would you get ?

for approx $800-$1000

im using the camera for distances approx 20' in front, and 50-60 feet beyond areas too.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not likely find a camera with better image quality than a Mobotix.

The Mobotix D14 is a dome with two lenses. WIthout lenses it's just under a grand, but you have to buy two lenses. Each lens can be spec'ed out with different lenses and sensors. Personally I would get black & white (yes, no color) night lenses that give you a nice clean crisp image at night and day. One lens would be a 22 that would give you great coverage for the closeup and 90 degrees for an overall shot. The other would be like a 65mm to give you coverage for the 50-60'. Each B&W lens is 1.25MP.

Alternatively, assuming you have adequate light and trust me, most people think they do, but don't, you can get the same thing with 2 color sensors giving you 3MP each.

Another alternative is to get two 43mm lenses, one in color for daytime one in B&W for nighttime viewing.

Cost of the D14 is $1,599 list, maybe you can find it in the $1,200-1,300 range. Sounds expensive but not really. First you are getting 2 cameras on one IP address, one PoE connection, one housing. Each lens can be pointed independently of each other so it's really like 2 cameras. It comes with 2 way audio built in and a PIR motion detector for accurate event recording.

But that's not even their value prop, it's that each camera is a fully independant NVR in a camera. You don't need a PC, NVR or software, it's all built in. You can use an internal 64GB uSD card, or just have a networked hard drive ($150 for 1TB) that it writes to or even a remote FTP site as it's only sending compressed recording, not 24/7 video stream. You can connect and use it's functionality from IE, Safari, Chrome, never had a problem with any browser except audio only works with IE. It uses like 3W of power, so without a PC to power, it will pay dividends over time in saved electricity.

They provide Windows software to consolidate the view of all the cameras, but it's not necessary. The software just gives you a central point to control the cameras and does not do any recording on it's own.
SCHYBRID

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome buellwinkle, thanks alot, thats a very informative response.

so if i go with the mobotix d14, you said it doesnt come with lenses ? do you mean long range lenses, OR NO LENSES AT ALL ??

and what lenses would i need for close range 20-30', and what lense for 30-60'.

I'm looking to spend maybe $1000 maxx, so i hope i can get the mobotix d14 with lenses for that.

I'd like to stick with the 3MP lenses,because wont the 1.25MP not be clear enough ?

lastly, you said i dont need pc,nvr, or software ???

How am i going to set zones to record, etc, control the camera ?? and i want to connect to my PC to show recordings, transfer recordings etc... I'm lost ????

Once again, thanks for your help buellwinkle, it helps me alot.!!!

Also, im using the camera inside the house, mounted looking through the window to outside, i dont want to mount it outside, due to association rules etc... they probably will have an issue with it.

what resolution is the mobotix d14?
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been trying to get the forum owner to administrate his own site and volunteered to help, but feces happens.

The D14 comes with no sensors or lenses but they do have some pre-package cameras with sensors + lenses. You won't get it all for under $1,000 BUT, maybe you can find the old model the D12 if people still have inventory for about a grand since it's discontinued about 4-5 months ago. Still an awsome camera. If you go to their website, they will show the camera specs and click on the lenses tab and it will show a sample picture taken with all their lens choices. Make any two you like. What I do is take pictures with my digital camera set to 3MP and try different focal lenghs before I order the camera to see if it does what I want.

And like I said, all the software is built into the camera, you just connect to the camera to set motion detect, exposure, recording parameters and such. You can view live video, recorded video, manage recordings all from the web directly to the camera. For example, I setup cameras where there was no network connectivity at all. When I want to view recordings, I plug my laptop into the camera and down the recordings to my laptop and view them close up when I get home, send them to who needs to see them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed