IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which IP camera to choose

eaglevision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Which IP camera to choose Reply with quote

Hey all,
I am in the market for an IP camera and looking for some advice, the features I am looking for are
two way audio
intelligent motion detection, I want to be able to send full video when the motion is detected not just snapshots.
network protocol support for dynamic IP

price range up to 600

any ideas
discumax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to steal your post, I'm in the market for a similar product, hopefully admin can suggest us something at the same time. First I need to clear some newbie questions... what are the requirements to run a IP camera? (ie: valid high speed internet connection, power, hub, router, RJ45 cable... any additional monthly fee for the service?... etc please be precise) I need to a solution for retail surveillances and IP camera seems to be the best way, need something that'll record during business hour and record on motion off business hour. (side questions, how to record to a sever? or my home PC?) My budget is <$1000, quality is top priority, sound is not necessary.
discumax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
anetsite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: ip cameras Reply with quote

Eaglevision - can you let me know what you are trying to accomplish? is this a tele-conferencing tool (2 way audio gave me that impression).

discumax - it sounds like you are looking for more of a surveillance system - take a look at www.trueviewservices.com, these guys may be able to help you out.
im4ipsc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: which IP camera to choose? Reply with quote

As a precursor to my following suggestion as to which ip camera is number one in terms of best value and loaded features, let me say that I had the opportunity to test several ip cameras in the last few years and the Intellinet network camera (see www.intellinet-network.com), model 550710, is what my company currently uses in all of our applications. Its cost, at under $300, its lifetime warranty, and its motion detection features were all what we were looking for when we ran an exhaustive testing process on many IP cameras back in 2003. Although there may be those who would disagree with me, with over 500 of these cameras now installed and running, we have experienced only one dud, and minimal technical support problems. The technical support team at manufacturer has consistently assisted our company when we started to use the more detailed menus/features of the camera when we were asked to use them for some interesting IR applications in the nursing home industry. Other company's tech support teams wouldn't even return our phone calls. And no, I do not resell these cameras to the public but could offer consultation on your peculiar configuration, offline of course, in case someone wanted to know a specific answer to a specific question...
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure of any cameras that will send video clips via email or FTP. I have heard of cameras that do this, however, I can't remember who made them. Most cameras send FTP snapshots. You can get a decent camera with two-way audio and motion detection for a fairly decent price. The 4XEM W80 can do this along with the D-Link 3220.

Sorry I couldn't be more help for the camera that sends video clips. I will try to find the camera. How long would you need the video clips to be? If I remember correctly, they wouldn't be that long especially if they are being sent via email.

Also im4ipsc, Intellinet never returned my emails so I stopped trying Wink Not saying anything against them as that was a year ago I just gave up trying to learn more about their products.
Celtic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
Also im4ipsc, Intellinet never returned my emails so I stopped trying Wink Not saying anything against them as that was a year ago I just gave up trying to learn more about their products.

Please check PM - thanks!
http://www.networkipcamera.com
tanmaysnv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare features. Some cameras come with pan, zoom and tilt (PZT) features that allow the video surveillance person to scan a room. Others have motion-detection sensors or motion-detection software. Some models can save to DVR, and some outdoor models operate well in rain or darkness. Some models have motion-detection features that begin recording if something moves within the sensor's range. Motion detection saves on operating costs because the camera records only if something disturbs a sensor; consequently, you don't require additional bandwidth or storage space for ongoing streaming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed