IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to build Surveillance System

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Trying to build Surveillance System Reply with quote

I am retired, and lived in Northren New brunswick Canada, I build and repair computers for family and friends, I love the technology but have no formal training, the winters are long and very cold so it's a good time to do this, my other hobby is playing with my tractor, if you want to see where we live take a look here, [url] http://youtu.be/tT9eGlVUJmI [/url]

I'm not sure how to insert the YouTube url
Razz
I am really happy that I finally hit upon this Website and Forumn, I have wasted many hours and dollars only to find out that the software for a capture card is dedicated to that card, now I have a fairly good card and good cameras but the software does not do what I want .

From what I read here my best bet is to get a four or eight channel server and go digital, the problem here is, I don't know if the software is installed in the server or PC, I suspect there is software that runs in the server since I see that the alarms seem to come from the server so there must be some way of selection what you want to trigger the alarm.

I hope someone will make a selection for me, here is what I want to end up with,

Four analog cameras, Sony, transmitting to the server then to my LAN then the Internet, being recorded in a dedicated PC, one of my main concerns is the ability to send video or a series of jpgs to my email when an alarm is triggered.
The other is to have a "Welcome" chime during the day when vehicles enter our property. I believe the server can handle this, but I think I need an add on chime.

I hope you get to see the tractor blowing snow, there are a few other longer videos on the tractor, but they should be edited, there quite long.
Very Happy
Thanks for letting me in,
God bless all

Jim Razz
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not the forum for analog cameras. Check out cctvforum.com, a lot of analog guys there that are terrified of IP cameras Smile
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, I was hoping to get some intelligent information on this forum, I never realized it was reserved for only people who have or use IP surveillance systems. I really wanted some feedback from the users themselves, I have made so many mistakes and I guess I just added to the number, please accept my deepest apology.

My question, sorry to have to mention the word, is I have made the mistake of buying analog cameres and capture cards, now I find out that the software has to be compatable with the capture card, so what I want to do is use the cameras with a server that can convert my signal to digital and be used like an IP camera, my future camaras will be IP, I need help choosing a server and good cameras that use H.264 compression. My goal is to have video clips of alarms sent to me via email, the other think I want is to have welcome sounds to announce vehicles entering our property.

Thanks
God bless all
Jim
adam718

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Trying to build Surveillance System Reply with quote

You can use a Video Server to interface with your analog cameras to capture video like IP cameras. The Axis 2400 series work well, and I am sure there are other that are also good. I use Security Monitor Pro software, you can check this list for the term 'video server' to see the other makes and models - http://www.deskshare.com/surveillance-software-faq.aspx#9 - a single video server can handle multiple cameras
Jim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to respond, while I am here would you make a suggestion for a good PTZ IP Outdoor camera, keeping in mind we have severe winters, blowing snow, -40C , I want something that is in the low Mega Pixel range, not the the most expensive, yet something with good detail day and night. I read here somewhere about some that even have tracking ability and auto zoom.

Thank you again
God bless
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed