IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobotix Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
niko7

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Mobotix Software Reply with quote

We have 7 mobotix cameras with a snapserver NAS at two of our locations and use the mobotix software to manage the cameras. We think that the mobotix software is a bit unintuitive for our users. This could be because of a lack of proper training but I wanted to ask if anyone can recommend another software that works well with the mobotix cameras.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the web browser interace can be a little less than natural but have you tried their MX ControlCenter? It's free, is only really a viewer for live video and recorded events. The camera still records. Once you use it a little bit, you get used to it. Setting camera options is way easier in MX Control Center too.

I have some NVR sofware reviews on my blog and just about everyone supports Mobotix cameras. But you are giving up the best part of Mobotix, and that's having the camera be independant of a PC.

Also, not sure if NVR software is that much more intuitive. You still have the same concepts and cryptic icons.
niko7

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I've been reading your reviews with a lot of interest. So far I think Exacq looks like the best option for us.

We use mx control center and have tried mx easy as well but neither is as easy to use as our old philips divar software.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exacq is a good choice as it will let the Mobotix trigger the events and it's easy enough to use.
niko7

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you recommend a NAS other than the snapserver that is easy to set up with the mobotix cameras? We had a hard drive fail on the snapserver so I sent it back to overland for repair but we need to get something else in place while that is gone. I know there are a lot of less expensive NAS's out there but want to make sure that we purchase one that is easy to set up with the mobotix cameras.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Western Digital 1tb NAS with Mobotix without a problem for years. Costs under $200.
niko7

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many cameras do you have recording to your NAS simultaneously?
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 cameras at one location and 2 at another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed