IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you configure you're Motion Detection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
m1chael
Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: How do you configure you're Motion Detection? Reply with quote

Just curious how most of you configure you're motion detection settings? Basically, if you have MD settings configured what do you do if you are home for the day and going to be working around the house for instance?

I know the simple answer is probably I just turn off motion for the day or whatever..but is that really the best solution? I am trying to work on other possibilities besides the stock software for my ACTi cameras and one of the things I am considering, that the current stock software does not offer, is an easy way to turn off motion settings...(other than logging into each camera and unchecking a box which could be a pain in the arse when you have a multi-camera set-up).

Thanks for the assistance....

Michael
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can scheduled an event to turn off motion detect and then create another event to turn it back on.
m1chael
Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle wrote:
I believe you can scheduled an event to turn off motion detect and then create another event to turn it back on.

Is that how you have yours configured...?

I am really leaning towards switching over to something like Blue Iris....I think I saw on one of their videos they have a stop light or something to turn on / off the MD settings.

Dunno...I am pretty frustrated at this point with the software provided by ACTi. Not sure if updating to the new firmware makes any significant setup experience or not.

Thanks,
Michael
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueIris does have a stop light. You can now configure it so you can turn off various features, recording, alerts, webserver, etc.. I use it to turn off alerts. I can always delete anything that is recorded.

I believe that you can start and stop the red light via a browser. I haven't done that though.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a event that triggers on all my ACTi cameras when the camera switches to night mode to use the alternate motion detect settings. You can also trigger based on the alarm input so technically, you can have a push button that activates motion detection or suspends it. Also, you can write a script that sends URL commands to suspend or activate recordings. Pretty much anything you can do through the web interface you can do with URL commands on ACTi cameras. They have this information in their knowledge base.

As for their NVR software, I believe NVR 3.0 you can specify a schedule of when to record or not record.

BlueIris does have a unique feature that suspends recording when click on the traffic light signal, but it's not automatic, you have to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed