IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solar powered installation

ND_Rancher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Solar powered installation Reply with quote

I currently have several solar-powered IP cams operating up to 4 miles from my main building using Tranzeo 2.4 Ghz radios and Toshiba IK-WB15A's. They have been operating reliably for several years. At this point, I would like to upgrade and add additional units for more coverage.

I am having trouble finding cameras that will function in the low temperatures (-40 degrees) that we experience, during the winter. Anything rated for extremes requires 24v AC and more amperage than the usual solar installation can provide. The WB15's are no longer available. The replacement has an inferior digital zoom. I'd like to get something with a higher zoom capability as the monitored areas are roughly a quarter of a mile square.

If anyone has good ideas, I am open to suggestions.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobotix use very little power, 4W I believe and operate in extreme cold conditions., rated down to -22F. Actually the Toshiba model you mention is only rated down to -4F. Like you said, most cameras won't work at that cold without heat and that means more power required.

The Axis P5534-E I reviewed will do the same temp range as the Toshiba, real optical zoom, 720P resolution.

The ACTi KCM-5611 I reviewed goes down to -22F, same as the Mobotix, but uses more power. It has an 18X optical zoom but no pan/tilt but can be done with an external motor. The good thing is that it's 1080P and is relatively cheap compared to the Axis and Mobotix.

I can only imagine temps that low, you must be in Antarctica? I was visiting Ushuaia and want to find a charter flight to Antarctica but was not able too in March, to late in the season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed