IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video settings for remote viewing ACTi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
nicksti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Video settings for remote viewing ACTi Reply with quote

Internet: 2Mbps down 1Mbps up
Cameras: Eleven 1MP Cameras

I had them at MP resolution, 1Mbit bitrate and 18fps and the video was unwatchable. What would be the best settings for the best picture with the smoothest framerate?
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With h.264 compression at the resolution you specified, you should be close to viewing a 1MP camera at that frame rate. You can lower quality with a variable bit rate. But face it, 720P is probably going to run 2Mbps, you have 1Mbps upload, you do the math.

To see all 11 cams at once, use the second stream (if your model supports dual streaming) and set them to 640x480, 5 fps.
nicksti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I figured as much on the not enough bandwidth. But I did not know what that dual stream was for, thanks! Did not understand why I had to compromise my local recordings to be able to stream.
nicksti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my remote side I am getting frequent disconnects and reconnects on the cameras. Why is this happening? This is not happening on the recording machine.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you connecting? Via Internet Explorer, through the NVR software? 3rd party software?
nicksti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess you are telling me something that I may not have known:

I can install NVR and connect remotely?

Because I am going through Internet Explorer now and it is slooooooow. Slow to install the NV activeX and slow to do the loading gear part. Is it something on my end or is the NVR through IE slow in general?

If I can install NVR remotely onto another machine how to I set up the cameras and set it up not to record?

Edit:

Scratch that last question. I figure I only install the NVR workstation. I guess that will take care of the rest for me including the whole ip address thing.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to one of the internet speed test sites and see how fast an upload you have. You may not be able to see more than one camera at a time in lower resolution if you have something slow like DSL. SpeakEasy.net is one site and another is http://www.speedtest.net/

The newer ACTi cameras have two streams, you can reference the second one for when you are accessing the camera on the internet and frame rate and resolution low.
nicksti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I set up the second stream as 640x480 with a bitrate of 128k and it still sucks. I get disconnects. I believe the setup is using WiMax with a 1 meg upload. I did not speedtest it to see for myself but its probably the internet connection to blame. Viewing one camera at a time is fine but forget multiple ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed