IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samsung DVR system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
BlackDogCam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Samsung DVR system Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm looking to purchase some cameras for the exterior of my home and I found a system at Sams Club from Samsung - the SDE-4001 system. It is an 8 channel DVR system with cameras. I'm not really stuck on using the DVR itself, but more interested in the cameras as I find them at a reasonable cost. They have them on closeout right now and it includes the DVR system, and 6 cameras - 4 of the SEB-1005R cameras and 2 of the SED-1001R cameras.
See it here:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/samsung-8-channel-real-time-dvr-surveillance-system/prod3100123.ip?navAction=

I have some questions regarding the forum member's thoughts or prior usage of them or the system in general.

As mentioned, I'm really looking just for the cameras and would like to integrate the output into some other software camera control system (undecided yet). I also have 2 Axis 210a cameras that it would be great if I could get them all working/playing together.

Has anyone any experience with these two Samsung cameras? In all of my mounting locations, I'd be able to put them under eaves so they wouldn't be directly in the weather. The two SED-1001R cameras would be located under covered porches and the four SEB-1005R cameras would be located under corners of the house eaves.

Given that these all have what appear to be CAT5 dongles attached, can I simply run CAT5 to those locations and use a TrendNet POE switch rather than the included DVR? This is one of my major hopes... If so what camera control systems (software) would you recommend?

Your expert (or not) comments and opinions are appreciated...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed