IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Axis P3364-VE arrived (is that the heater not snapped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
SteveM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: My Axis P3364-VE arrived (is that the heater not snapped Reply with quote

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/84quattro/media/IMG_0010_zps6773d3f4.jpg.html

This plastic ring around the lense is not snapped down on the 3rd tab. Maybe no big deal. If it's the heater , it doesn't look like the heater in the user manual. I tried to gently snap it in place , but no-go .

Any P3364-VE owners out there? Place raised the price $100 after I got mine.

steve
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the bezel for the lens. It's what you turn to rotate the lens if the image is not level. I would call Axis and see because it takes effort to turn the lens and I'm afraid it may come apart in your hands.
SteveM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Axis offered an exchange Reply with quote

Looks like I'll be sending it to Georgia . I have RMA
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send it to my address in GA Wink I will deliver it to them, I promise. They are about 15 minutes from me.
SteveM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Customer experience has not been the best. Reply with quote

Well at first they said since my camera is new they'll set up a RMA exchange and send me a brand new one overnight. I just had to fax -em some forms and my credit card info. Then return my unit , which should have never gotten through quality control with that bad fitting part. They put a pending charge on my credit card for $300 more than what I paid. Then they told me they don't have a camera to send me, so I wait a week. Now they say that a camera will be available sometime before July 18th. If it takes that long that will be over a month. So my brand new toy has just been sitting in the box on the dining room table, it will cost me a fortune to insure it for $960 and ship it back. I'd like to send them my bad unit now, but they didn't like that idea, saying I should wait to get the new unit. I hope they don't find a scratch on my lemon and say I have to pay $960.
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you buy it? They should take the camera back if it is defective out of the box.

Axis will charge you retail for the camera deposit. That is to guarantee that they get the other camera back and you don't get a better deal on the RMA camera and decide to keep it.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will take it back no matter what. They took back Johnny's camera struck by lighting. Just use the camera in the meantime, it works doesn't it? What happens with Axis is distributors may have tons of them in their warehouses they can't touch, but Axis in the U.S. may not have any, so they have to wait until their next shipment from corporate in Sweden. The month you wait extends the warranty by a month and with Axis, you really only get a 1 year warranty, so document everything in case something happens in the 13th month.
SteveM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: I won't worry so much about the $960 retail credit cardhold Reply with quote

Still the month wait isn't that bad for me, but a corporate IT manager usually doesn't like to wait a month for a replacement. There are plenty of places that can't push an implementation back a month.
I haven't seen if the camera works, I was afraid to scratch it (haha). I'm a bit paranoid, but then aren't all we surveillance types?
I got the camera from California via ebay (premier digital) . I could possibly have sent it back there but it might be too late now, it was ordered June 5th, then took a week for ground shipping to NY. When Axis offered a replacement unit the next day, and return shipping only to Georgia, that seemed like the way to go.
I am counting on them extending the warantee by that month.

steve
SteveM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Crazy company that Axis Reply with quote

Now I got an e-mail that my case was closed because I haven't done anything in 7 days. We'll I'm waiting for them to send me the replacement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed