IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS Reply with quote

I just installed it, but the view seems much tighter than my Axis. I adjusted the lens to the widest (I think) and it is still much smaller area. Below are the pics from the axis before and the Hik after. The Axis was a 720P camera, I am running the Hikvision at 1080P. The Axis has a 2.9mm lens, so I should be able to get a similar angle on this one.

Axis

Hikvision

I moved the zoom wand to the left if looking at it from the front. That is when you are looking at it on a ceiling. That puts the lens recessed the most.

Suggestions?
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will adjust it tomorrow the other direction, I think I am zoomed in, need to go the other way. Old age is kicking in now apparently.
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved, user error.. Rolling Eyes

I really like the picture quality. Need to tweak it a bit in the web interface though.
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to adjust the focus a bit, but great colors.

Pete_
Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks great. Very impressive image quality. Any night shots/video?
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get some tonight. Will be doing some tweaking of the camera and moving the Axis that was installed at that location today.

I think I can narrow the view a little (close to the coverage of the Axis) and get the focus perfect to read a license plate with a car in that location.

I plan to pick up 6 or so of the DS-2CD3332-I to replace some of the Dahua and Axis around the house.
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Hikvision images look fantastic. Just think for a moment that a camera like these Hikvisions would have cost much more than $1000 USD 2 years ago. My mini bullet 3mp $170 USD runs rings around my 3 year old $800 Vivocrap full size bullet at when both are set at 1080P in every possible way. These Hikvisions seem to be the best thing that came out of China in quality, performance and price except for fortune cookies
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get a chance to make any adjustments to it today. Was busy pulling a bunch of CAT6 drops in my house. I did move the old Axis M3114-VE to a new location and it is doing fine. It is a location that has a street light about 40' away, won't need IR there.

I will probably see if I can get some decent cash ($100-150 each) for the 4x M3114-VE I have, that would still be a decent deal for someone. Then pick up the DS-2CD3332-I to replace them.

I now have 9 cams running in BI using about 27-32% CPU on an i7 3770k. All cams are 15fps. 4x Axis, 4x Dahua and 1x Hikvision.

I like fortune cookies. Laughing

Think that a Foscam is not much less than a DS-2CD3332-I, but the Hikvision is miles ahead of the Foscam. I paid about $100 each for the Foscams I bought 3.5 years ago. I am glad lightning took them out. At least the IR still works on a couple. Wink
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering the DS-2CD2532F-I as well. It might be a good match for my front door. Small enough to not be in your face, but powerful enough to provide a great pic. It has similar specs to the DS-2CD2732F-IS and DS-2CD3332-I with a fixed lens and is priced in the middle.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been busy. I lost my PC so I've been busy rebuilding. Even when you have backups, it's never easy.

I really like that camera the ds-2cd2732f to the point I removed a brand new name brand camera to make room for it. It is finicky to focus, takes patience.

Just got the ds-2cd2532 as well as a box of other Hikvision cameras. Just need to mount it. Very interesting little camera. It's so small you need a tool to aim the lens. The LED's look tiny so not expecting this to be as bright as the other Hiks. I think it would look great indoors. Stuck a 32GB SD card in it, just need to mount it.

I also got their two cubes. Put one up and looks good, pretty much like the 3MP bullets, but an indoor cube camera with PIR motion detect, mic/speaker built in and IR light. Can run as PoE or WiFi. Currently have it powered with a PoE injector but connected via WiFi. The model is ds-2cd2432f-iw. Sort of like the Axis M1054 that Johnny has but is day/night and PoE/WiFi and has an IR illuminator vs. the white light LED. And did I say it cost less than Axis, LOL.

Don't remember the other one, still in box but came with remote controls, dunno what for.

I know we make fun of Axis high prices, but looking to get a bunch of Axis P3367-VE for a project. I think they have the best 5MP cameras out there. I wish I can use Hikvision but their ability to write to NAS is not quite there yet.
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the ds-2cd2532 review.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming soon, have a backlog of cameras including the new ACTi E77 10MP IR Dome which is crazy cheap now.
paarlberg
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acti Schmacti Wink
pacowilson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested several Hikvision IP cameras, you can check it:
http://www.hkvstar.com/product-news/hikvision-ds-2cd6362f-i-panoramic-fisheye-camera-review.html
http://www.hkvstar.com/product-news/hikvision-ds-2df8223i-2mp-ip-ptz-camera-review.html
http://www.hkvstar.com/product-news/disassemble-hikvision-ezviz-c2-home-ip-camera.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed