IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source


- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory





 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Axis cameras disconnects from recording software after 24hr


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
Author Message
fabmol
New Member


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Axis cameras disconnects from recording software after 24hr Reply with quote

Hi

I got 2 axis 206w cameras connected to a linksys router and i'm running a 30 day trial of go1984 recording software. The problem is that after 24 hours of recording the cameras lose signal and i need to disconnect the power of the power and repower it and then the cameras work for another 24 hours!!

I though it might have been the dhcp server so i gave the cameras static ip address and put them out of the dhcp range but it still happens

.....any ideas of what the problem might be??

thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trueview
New Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8
Location: New York

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Firmware Reply with quote

I assume you mean the axis 207W.

Have you tried to upgrade the firmware on the camera?
_________________
Sincerely,

Trueview Services
http://www.trueviewservices.com

Monitoring Made Easy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maui Custom Surveillance
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 14
Location: Island of Maui

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Axis cameras disconnects from recording software after 2 Reply with quote

fabmol wrote:
Hi

I got 2 axis 206w cameras connected to a linksys router and i'm running a 30 day trial of go1984 recording software. The problem is that after 24 hours of recording the cameras lose signal and i need to disconnect the power of the power and repower it and then the cameras work for another 24 hours!!

I though it might have been the dhcp server so i gave the cameras static ip address and put them out of the dhcp range but it still happens

.....any ideas of what the problem might be??

thanks


It's the trial software, axis makes great cameras but I'm not much impressed with their archiving software, it's expensive and proprietary and not very advanced.

Since you're going to have to buy software and eventually, check out luxriot.com, download their free 30 day trial software. I think it's only good for one camera, but try it with one camera for a couple days and if you like it purchased a license for four cameras, I think it's cheaper than axis for the same amount of camera.
_________________
Maui Custom Surveillance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fabmol
New Member


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Axis cameras disconnects from recording software after 2 Reply with quote

Maui Custom Surveillance wrote:
fabmol wrote:
Hi

I got 2 axis 206w cameras connected to a linksys router and i'm running a 30 day trial of go1984 recording software. The problem is that after 24 hours of recording the cameras lose signal and i need to disconnect the power of the power and repower it and then the cameras work for another 24 hours!!

I though it might have been the dhcp server so i gave the cameras static ip address and put them out of the dhcp range but it still happens

.....any ideas of what the problem might be??

thanks


It's the trial software, axis makes great cameras but I'm not much impressed with their archiving software, it's expensive and proprietary and not very advanced.

Since you're going to have to buy software and eventually, check out luxriot.com, download their free 30 day trial software. I think it's only good for one camera, but try it with one camera for a couple days and if you like it purchased a license for four cameras, I think it's cheaper than axis for the same amount of camera.


i'm not currently using the axis software, i'm using software from go1984 (go1984.com) and i had lately thought that the reason cold be that the software has not been activated yet??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maui Custom Surveillance
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 14
Location: Island of Maui

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Axis cameras disconnects from recording software after 2 Reply with quote

fabmol wrote:
Maui Custom Surveillance wrote:
fabmol wrote:
Hi

I got 2 axis 206w cameras connected to a linksys router and i'm running a 30 day trial of go1984 recording software. The problem is that after 24 hours of recording the cameras lose signal and i need to disconnect the power of the power and repower it and then the cameras work for another 24 hours!!

I though it might have been the dhcp server so i gave the cameras static ip address and put them out of the dhcp range but it still happens

.....any ideas of what the problem might be??

thanks


It's the trial software, axis makes great cameras but I'm not much impressed with their archiving software, it's expensive and proprietary and not very advanced.

Since you're going to have to buy software and eventually, check out luxriot.com, download their free 30 day trial software. I think it's only good for one camera, but try it with one camera for a couple days and if you like it purchased a license for four cameras, I think it's cheaper than axis for the same amount of camera.


i'm not currently using the axis software, i'm using software from go1984 (go1984.com) and i had lately thought that the reason cold be that the software has not been activated yet??


Because it is exactly 24 hours before it stops working, I would say your assumption about a trial period is correct. In any event, it will expire soon, download the trial software at
Luxriot.com and give it a try.
_________________
Maui Custom Surveillance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fabmol
New Member


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Firmware Reply with quote

trueview wrote:
I assume you mean the axis 207W.

Have you tried to upgrade the firmware on the camera?


its a 206w, the older version
i havent tried to upgrade the firmware, i'll try that now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Administrator
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 907

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time the camera connection is lost in the software, try pulling it up in a web browser. If it works then the camera is fine and it might be that your software has a 24 hour demo.
_________________
Administrator
NetworkCameraReviews.com
www.networkcamerareviews.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fabmol
New Member


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
Next time the camera connection is lost in the software, try pulling it up in a web browser. If it works then the camera is fine and it might be that your software has a 24 hour demo.


it doesnt work when i pull it up in the web browser after a connection is lost

any other ideas??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed