IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best recording software??

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
fabmol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: best recording software?? Reply with quote

Hi

i'm wondering what is the best / mosst reliable ip camera recording software available, currently i'm using a trial edition of go1984 and i find it good but i'm just wondering if theres any other software that you recommend before i commit to go1984

thanks
Fabio
Maui Custom Surveillance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: best recording software?? Reply with quote

fabmol wrote:
Hi

i'm wondering what is the best / mosst reliable ip camera recording software available, currently i'm using a trial edition of go1984 and i find it good but i'm just wondering if theres any other software that you recommend before i commit to go1984

thanks
Fabio

I have a number of projects running on Luxriot archiving software, it has a lot of advanced features and is not expensive.

Go to luxriot.com
fabmol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: best recording software?? Reply with quote

Maui Custom Surveillance wrote:
fabmol wrote:
Hi

thanks
Fabio

I have a number of projects running on Luxriot archiving software, it has a lot of advanced features and is not expensive.

Go to luxriot.com

thanks i'll give that a trial run
electricalsolutions

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am using "I catcher Console" and think it is brilliant

give it a try

Electrical Solutions
kxcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Luxriot be set to schedule recording or just motion detecting?
xsnrg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a very well featured and free piece of software, try catspy. I have been using it for a few weeks now, and am very happy.

http://www.catspy.de/download.htm
prof_venkman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly, i use WebcamXP as it's free when connected to a free subsctiption site
http://www.webcamXP.com
xsnrg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed catspy JUST went shareware... bummer. it is still a good product though, and maybe the development will be more forthcoming on it now.
pryddie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There
With webcamXP does this work with other users just looging onto th ip camera or does the other user also need to have webcamXP installed on their computer also.
thanks
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your camera is among the 250+ IP devices supported by Milestone, you can use our software. You can register for a free one-camera license of our Xprotect Professional product as well.

http://www.milestone.dk/?cid=703
prof_venkman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pryddie wrote:
Hi There
With webcamXP does this work with other users just looging onto th ip camera or does the other user also need to have webcamXP installed on their computer also.
thanks

no you have a web server inside, and there is no need to have a webcamXP software to see your cams
dnieweg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: 3xLogic IP Camera Software Reply with quote

You might want to take a look at the new Version 5.0 of Vigil from 3xLogic.
www.3xlogic.com
Mr Sots
Junky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Good Recording Software" There are plenty pf applications out there, a few mentioned above. Give us more about your application and they type of cameras you are using/want to use and people may be able to give you a better idea!
pjsquared

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Best IP Camera software Reply with quote

I tried most of the products listed in this thread. It took much downloading and learning of interfaces and trying in many daytime and nightime lighting situations. I have a SONY RZ25N. The camera is looking over an area of light foreground with trees and there motion sensor lights at night. Lot's of shadows when the wind blows and the sun moves through its arc. I have a lot of good things to say about Milestone. That is not to say there were not good bits in the other products but Milestone had the best overall suite. A summary:

a) Most intuitive and feaature rich interface for setup, management and viewing.
b) Most stable motion detection and most granular masking.
c) Supports MPEG.
d) Supports the sensors on the camera so that a chime could be used when motion was detected. Great at night and when I am in the basement working.
e) Scripted alerts - I am just dreaming up apps for this as I write.
f) The FTP and email alerts always work.
g) Does not overload the network.
h) Does not crash the camera when activity is high in the camera view.
i) Does not interfere with the camera settings for mutually exclusive capabilities such as local image store. Even the camera's own motion detection can be used along with Milestone's.
j) No cost for a single camera setup.
k) Open source so the collective intelligence of the world is available for new an useful features.
l) Best database management for captured sequences.

Only thing I would like to be able to do is resize the Monitor window and place it on my auxiliary monitor rather than my main monitor. Miinimize is OK but not the most desirable solution.
rlp - camera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Sots wrote:
"Good Recording Software" There are plenty pf applications out there, a few mentioned above. Give us more about your application and they type of cameras you are using/want to use and people may be able to give you a better idea!

May I ask about Recording Software for a Tretrendnet IP201 camera - what is the best software for these cameras - we have 3 of them and want to record 24/7 and be able to review the recording via the internet and have the abiltiy to play back certain times of the day of the recording. Also, we need to be able to store/review the recording as fart back as 10 days.

Any recommendation on software?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed