IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muliti Camera Hook-up on a single CAT5 Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
nvrpc
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Muliti Camera Hook-up on a single CAT5 Cable Reply with quote

Okay I have to know if a CAT5 swith will work for my application. I currently have one CAT 5 cable that is wired directly from my sony SNC-RZ25N IP camera to my linksys route where I have port forwarding in order to view this camera via the net, but now I have a second camera of which I have assign a static IP address too. Each camera has a lenght of CAT 5 cable coming from them. I want to route both of the cameras into a CAT 5 swith and then send that data down the single CAT5 cable that I have going from the router to the swith. Can this be done.

So lets review this. I have two IP cameras with different IP address that I want to feed into a swith and then have the information from both camera feed down a single CAT5 to my router where I will have prot forwarding for the IP of each camera.

I want to view both of these camera by using MS Explorer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Todd S
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have it right.
Ethernet switches (with a "C") allow many network devices to access the network simultaneously.
The physical connectivity stuff is the easy part.
Since you are probably already using port 80 for one of the cams, you cannot use it again, assuming you only have a single public IP address. You will need to use another port, such as 81 (but you can use almost anything less than 65,536).
You will then either need to change the cam's port to 81 as well, or have the Linksys translate from port 81 on the outside to port 80 on the inside (something I don't think Linksys boxes can do?).
nvrpc
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: ports used Reply with quote

I use 2006 for my one IP camera and plan on using 80 for my other. On the Stardot box I don't think I can change ports. I will look in the configuration to see if that can be done. So it looks like maybe the switch will work. Wish me luck.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed