IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!! Astak MOLE ip camera!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software
lowerpower

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey tech guy,

I'm confused about your statements about the Molecam, You say :

"Here are a few questions to ask yourself about your camera.
Does it require a DDNS service? Yes!---YOICS
Does it self-network ON ITS OWN without any DDNS service? NO!
Can you unplug it from the router and physically move it to any other LAN, connect it up to a DIFFERENT router and have it network ITSELF in less than ten seconds? NO! "

With Yoics I can do all the things you say NO here. Yoics does not use a DDNS service, Yoics seems to do its own self networking, since I setup a camera for my dad at my house, then plugged it in at his house and it just worked, I didn't have to do any more configuration, so moving the Mole to any other networks seems to make it ready immediately. There was none of the configuration that you said.

I use the Yoics desktop to connect on my laptop and it is blazing fast, and I can access via the web and the iphone.

So I don't know if you have ever seen a Mole Camera since what you say is very different from my experience.
samechick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoDuplicates wrote:
Skip the Yoics installation and go directly to the firmware. ........ Hope this helps. Steve

Joined this forum just to say THANK YOU! Yoics was not working out for me and your instructions were perfectly clear and easy to follow.

So, again, thank you!
Tech guy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Yoics does work, but I prefer Zero set up ip cameras Reply with quote

samechick wrote:
NoDuplicates wrote:
Skip the Yoics installation and go directly to the firmware. ........ Hope this helps. Steve

Joined this forum just to say THANK YOU! Yoics was not working out for me and your instructions were perfectly clear and easy to follow.

So, again, thank you!

Good...Like I say, why not use a FREE network server? You can use them 24/7/365 days even at High Definition resolution and 30 ips. Who can do that for FREE consumer OR commercial no dfference? Google "self-networking", "CCTV" and "camera" and that should give you a list of manufacturers. I like the Gotcha! cameras for ease of set up and use, resolution, frame rate and high resolution 1280 x 800 among other features. My favorite feature is that they are very adaptable to most any network environment, CAT5 cabled, wifi-direct on LAN, cellular data modems, Wifi Access Points (off LAN) and Homeplugs. Gotcha! has a module that converts professional PTZ analog cameras into self-networking cameras. Networking is now is easy as you can make it. Of course the new IPV6 will be the best solution (NAT not required) but until that happens, how many PRIVATE ip addresses were assigned to you?
thewireguys
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Help!! Astak MOLE ip camera!!!! Reply with quote

ierv69 wrote:
Hi!! I need help finding a good software that works with this camera. This is a new model camera and i can't find a software that work with it. Please help..here some info about the camera..

http://www.molecamera.com/

LOL that is cute Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
VideoIQ Partner
Tech guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowerpower wrote:
Hey tech guy,

I'm confused about your statements about the Molecam, You say :

"Here are a few questions to ask yourself about your camera.
Does it require a DDNS service? Yes!---YOICS
Does it self-network ON ITS OWN without any DDNS service? NO!
Can you unplug it from the router and physically move it to any other LAN, connect it up to a DIFFERENT router and have it network ITSELF in less than ten seconds? NO! "

With Yoics I can do all the things you say NO here.
Technically thats incorrect. READ THE YOICS TOS. Try this set up your Mole camera to watch a scene and leave it on so you can record from it at 30 ips full resolution for say...lets say 6 months. How many emails did you get? How many bills? How much bandwidth did you get charged for? Here is some more fun. Point the camera at a commercial sign and repeat...IS there is a different contract for commercial use? Aha!

Yoics does not use a DDNS service, Yoics seems to do its own self networking, since I setup a camera for my dad at my house, then plugged it in at his house and it just worked,

Yoics does not seem to use DDNS but it uses a third party server of some type. Did you have to submit an email address for it to work>? Doesn't that look familiar to the way FREE and LIMITED use DDNS log ins work?

I didn't have to do any more configuration, so moving the Mole to any other networks seems to make it ready immediately. There was none of the configuration that you said.

Okay take it to a public school and connect it to a router...Aha you may set off alarm bells at the system administrator monitoring station. Ask yourself Why?

I use the Yoics desktop to connect on my laptop and it is blazing fast, and I can access via the web and the iphone. Thats good...how long can you keep streaming the video? and how MANY streams can you send at the same time? How about ten with the other system...and it is now in High Definition at 800x1280 pixels h.264 with built in micro SD card that can be streamed also.

So I don't know if you have ever seen a Mole Camera since what you say is very different from my experience.

I have tried three different models...some make lots of noise...some have jerky motion and ALL have a TERMS of SERVICE agreements in fine print that you need a Magnifying glass and attorney to decipher. Whats the hubub Its only a camera?
windmill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at this camera and thread for awhile now and am becoming confused. I am looking to put up a weather cam and wonder if this will suffice or be overkill. do I need to use Yoics or is there an alternative. I am a COMPLETE newbie to web cams (probably pretty obvious).
chicago

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

total newbie. here. i came here searching about the mole system that costco now has for 199.00. is it worth it. thought i could try it since costco is really good with taking returns. but here is the question.. can you network more of these cameras. I had.. dont laugh.. x10 cameras about 4 of them.. got them working but customer service nightmare and so was setting them up ect.

I have cad5 runnig all over the house.. so looking to set up four cameras..one outside under eave and three or two inside.. thoughts..

thanks
shidoshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: ASTAK Mole Camera setup Reply with quote

So, I understand not everyone "gets" networking and routing and port forwarding. Let me help everyone out here. I hope you are somewhat computer literate and you should be if you are thinking about setting up anything on a network all by yourself.

Since this is about the Mole Camera (MC); I have setup 6 MCs all wireless connecting to one wireless router which happens to be a 2wire (2Wires are useless junk in my opinion but my basic setup for these cameras can be done on any router if it can be done on a 2Wire.)

These 6 MCs are ALL accessible from the Internet = outside (also my LAN [local area network] on their own internal wireless IP addresses)

I did *NOT*use the YOICS service. I do not recommend using this service as you do not need it at all. But of course, you can if you want.

I won't go into detail about setting up the Moles on your network. AZTAK already did that for you. Once you have your Mole on your network (wired or wireless doesn't matter but I'll ASSume wireLESS from this point on) Cool

Now assuming default setup(s) and a 2Wire router;

1) go to your Router's setup web page in a Web Browser. (e.g. http://192.168.1.1) You can find attached devices in your routers *default* HOME tab page. (this is an AT&T 2Wire for example). Look for your Mole Cam IP.
Mine shows up as 192.168.1.100 - Click on Device Details there.
Basic info shows up about the Mole Cam.

2) Click back on the HOME tab.
3) Click on the 'Gaming and Communications' link at the bottom - this allows you to modify your ports and firewall stuff.
4) Click on 'Applications, Pinholes and DMZ' - you'll see the list again. Remember your MC's IP address? Good.
5) Click on the 'Add a new user-defined application' - give it a name like "Mole Cam 01" etc. TCP should be optioned.
PORT is the most important part of this "help". Do not use port 80! That is the default HTTP (WEB) port. We will NOT use it.
I like to use other well known http ports like 8080. However to keep it simple, as I use 6 Mole Cams and have 6 IP address related, I use port 8081 for MC1, port 8082 for MC2 etc. I suggest this style as it makes it very easy to remember later. So use port 8081 to 8081 for now.
For Protocol Timeout just use the default listed there 8400. Don't worry, you don't need UDP, so ignore it. In fact, ignore the rest. Just CLICK on "Add to List" Click on the BACK button. (go back to the Apps, Pinholes and DMZ page)
(6) Now, Click on 'Choose 192.168.1.100' (e.g. use YOUR Mole Cam's IP)
Then, scroll down the list until you find the Application you JUST created. ex. Mole Cam 01. Select it, then Click 'Add'. (it shows up under Hosted Applications now).
Click the SAVE button at the bottom of the page.

You have just created the first port forward for your first mole cam. Easy. Right?
Now you have to modify your Mole Cam settings...continue to next post.
shidoshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Configuring your Moles Reply with quote

You already have your Mole hooked up to your network, right. God, I hope so, otherwise you totally screwed up something in your router! LOL. Just kidding. Twisted Evil

Okay, open your Mole Cam web page: (ex. http://192.168.1.100)

1) Click the Advanced tab. I try to use DHCP when I can. So you can use whatever IP settings you want. OR leave it as DHCP.
Find the HTTP (in RED)
2) Change that HTTP Port number to the one you used in your router = 8081.
(make sure you've already got your MC on whatever network you plan to use. Wired or Wireless!!!!) Once you change this port it will tell you to RELOAD. That is OKAY!
Click on the APPLY button. The MC will probably reboot. Give it a minute or two.
Now, you HAVE to do this to access your Mole Cam web page.
3) Type your MC IP address like before, but now you have to add your port number. ex. http://192.168.1.100:8081 <- add the 'colon' and 8081 to the end.
Hit Enter. It will now load your Mole Cam page with the new port number! yay!

(Port 80 is default for all HTTP applications. If you added :80 to every web page it'll probably work. Like here for example. www.networkcamerareviews.com:80. Nothing will change as your web browser automatically does that for you. But if you change your port to 8080 or something else, THEN you have to add it to your URL too.)

Now for the fun part. Go back up and look for the post on using DYNDNS.
Do that stuff!!!! register yourself an account. It's FREE!!!!
I have mine registered like this = home.dyndns-web.com (Where 'home' is my street name.)
Dyndns should show your your current IP address. Use it if that's where your Mole Cam is located.
Simple. Give it a few minutes to register. You'll get some emails to read and activate your account. It worked in about 5 mins for me.

4) Now in your browser's URL type your new registered dyndns address!
http://home.dyndns-web.com:8081 (don't forget to add the PORT number now!)

If you have a password setup for your Mole Cam, it will ask your immediately. Otherwise I suggest you ADD a password to your Mole Cam!!!!!!! Don't be lazy!

So, you have setup your Mole Cam port forward, changed your Mole Cam http port to 8081, and you have your DynDNS.com setup. You are finished.

For every Mole Cam you want to use on the SAME network you just have to Change the http PORT on each Mole Cam to something different. 8081 then 8082 then 8083 etc. You do not need to do anything else with DYNDNS.com.
Then Add each Mole Cam's IP address in your router to port forward with the same port number. So MC1 (Mole Cam 1 on port 8081) is forwarded through your router as port 8081, and the port is now open for use in your browser.
Go through each step for all your Mole Cams!

Hope that helps someone somewhere!

Save Stargate Universe!!!!! Save SGU!!!!
shidoshi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: SOME IMPORTANT INFO! Reply with quote

If you use DHCP make sure your release/renew times are 365 days. OR you will want to setup your IP Cams on Static IP's since you really don't want your DHCP server to change your IP address without you knowing about it. You'll get a 'non-working' camera if that happens. Make sure your static IP is not within the range of addresses reserved for DHCP use.

I've found, with some more messing around on these ASTAK Mole Cams, that you don't need to use the Dynamic DNS option (in the camera config pages) or UPnP Port Forwarding *IF* you have DYNDNS+port forward configured in your router. It would be redundant to set that up again in the camera. And it may cause DYNDNS services to block you if your setup keeps trying to update your Host IP (a lot).

That's all. If anyone has any more information, please keep posting. Thanks!

~Shidoshi
druvas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: shidoshi's directions Reply with quote

Spot on, Shidoshi. I just got one of these Mole cameras and installed it over the past weekend. This thing is sweet! I set it up in a matter of minutes, opened a port in my router firewall, set a static IP for the camera, and registered with DYNDNS. It took me longer to physically mount the camera in my infant son's room than it did to do all the configuring necessary to make it work and secured.

I have had absolutely no issues viewing the camera by going to the url and have avoided the Yoiks! since the initial installation. It has worked nicely through my iPhone, though my wife's iPad won't resolve the url and she has to connect via IP:port for some reason.

The bottom line is this camera rocks. I haven't played with many others but for $169 at Costco, nothing in the price range comes close to this thing. I love the remote pan/tilt. I can't seem to zoom with my iPhone, but that's not a big issue for me.
shidoshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: @druvas Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm still messing with these. But you are right, for the money I don't believe you can buy a better 'color-wireless-IP-secured-SDcardOption' video cam.

Again, I'm watching these posts, so if you have questions, ask.

~Shidoshi

"STOP!! Bottom one."
lowerpower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI shidoshi port forwarding trick does work well, and one bonus on the Astak Mole is that it only uses one port, even for streaming.

I have a lorex camera and it requires you to open up two ports, try to port forward more than one of these at a time, or in a network where you are already using one of their preferred ports is much more complicated.

I don't know how may cameras require more than one port to port forward, but I'd stay way from those if you are going to use more than one or if your ISP blocks port 80 or some other port preferred by those camers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed