IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mobile viewing from iPhone and Android phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software
WilsonJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: mobile viewing from iPhone and Android phones Reply with quote

hey guys i am doing a survey about how often you (SI, users )use mobile viewing and how important you think this function is.

now some vendors such as Exacq, nuuo, Qnap do have this but when you (SI, users) really need this? are you using?
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is important to view using my Andriod phone and iPad.

That was easily said.......

Just some background, I am running 10 cameras at my house that feed into a video server for recording, etc... I use my DroidX phone using a special app to only view selected cameras live and to receive alerts via email. I used my iPad using a special app to see all my cameras live on the much larger screen than the DroidX. Using the iPad, I can easily access my video server web interface to check camera recordings at anytime.

Although my cameras are at my house, the house is next door to a bank which was robbed at gun point last summer. It was amazing how fast I was called out of work by the FBI as they wanted to see all recordings since the bank's cameras were TOTALLY useless (as was told to me by the FBI). If some here wonder how the FBI knew about my cameras, it is obvious if you look at my house from the street. My neighbors must think I am a nutcase or running a meth lab while looking out for the "man". OK, enough said...

John
New Jersey
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my cameras at our vacation home set to email me a few pictures immediately if there's motion. I use PIR motion detect so it's been 100% reliable. If that camera sends me an alert, someone is there, guaranteed.

If I'm home, I have luxury of viewing everything on my 24" monitor, but if I'm not, I can get a pretty decent quality image on my Droid X cell phone or my iPad. So I think it's very important to be able to view live video from a smart phone or pad device. Imagine calling the police, giving them a description of the intruder, how many there are, what room they are in, trumps an alarm any day.
WilsonJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Johnny that was a cool story thanks for sharing,

@ Buellwinkle

i can see that the mobile devices did help you monitor your property,
however, what resolution from a mobile device you would think "good enough"?

how many frames per second you receive from the server?

i'm evaluating some mobile application from NVR providers so have to gather more information if anyone else is happy to share, thanks!
Frankiee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2 different apps to view my house cameras. I have 4 analog cameras on one dvr and 4 IP cameras on a server. It is important to me to be able to view when I need to as I have young teenagers to check out when I am gone to see they are staying out of trouble.

One of these apps lets me take clips and screenshots on the fly and save to my IPhone.

They are supposed to be adding a search function, but on a 3G network, I don't think that is feasible.
skane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use remote viewing every time I'm away from home.

I consider remote viewing with email-on-motion alerts (DI with external sensors, or in some cases video motion) a must-have function.

I use a Droid X phone, communicating to Luxriot Broadcast Server or IP Camera Viewer droid app.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed