IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DCS-3220 D-Link camera working to website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Success Stories
Troyster

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: DCS-3220 D-Link camera working to website Reply with quote

I finally got this camera working, there is a trick of sorts to it. The camera is feeding a live stream to camstreams.com using their (free) software. It can be seen on my site troyster.com and in the scenery cams section of camstreams.com. The "trick" is simply that the address has to be in the form of http:/XXX.XXX.X.X/cgi-bin/video.jpg and use jpg push to transmit video, apparently the camera has embedded software i.e. the /cgi-bin/ directory is inside the camera, the dlink website does not mention this however so if you have a dcs3220 or perhaps another dlink camera try this. Good luck.
JamesMichaelson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Hi I'm interested in this

I am seeing about the possibilities of linking a cctv wireless system at home, and then hooking them all up to a router or modem and having the motion detection settings on so that when anybody moves in my garden at night or when I'm on holiday, then I can have an email sent with pictures and or video files. What format should I have and what software on my pc should I have

I would also like to login to my cameras wherever I am in the world to just check up what is happening.

Can you help for this?

---

For advanced wireless cctv camera technology go and visit Ideal CCTV
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty standard functionality.

You need to have a working mail server in order to make this happen.

You're also going to want to test it for a while before leaving on vacation: Its quite common to have too many false positives at the outset
Troyster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Regarding James' question Reply with quote

James,
While I haven't tried to do this per se, if you were using D-link for example their software has motion capture as do most camera software... that is the viewing software that comes with the camera. Also most when used as security cameras are capable of sending email for incidents of your choice. Also most can be viewed remotely... my situation was slightly different as we wanted several visitors to see the feed at the same time, not just a single viewer. While simply publishing the address would accomplish this, or embedding the link... there are bandwidth issues having several viewers logging onto the camera 'server', hence the feed is to Camstreams so as to allow many viewers to see it. However I have noticed that some of the cams are viewing what is essentially a security camera at a home or business. Hope this helps.
Troyster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: webcam streaming... Reply with quote

Just a quick update... the dcs 3220 is now up and online 24/7/365 barring power outage it can be seen at http://troyster.com questions let me know.
Troyster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: camera Reply with quote

you may have to look lower down the page if you see no image "refresh" the page
Troyster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: DCS 3220 Reply with quote

The camera is down however I am planning to get it back up in the next month or so.... have to run a new cable, old one failed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Success Stories All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed