IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue Iris Recording Question

JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Blue Iris Recording Question Reply with quote

I recently purchased Blue Iris as a cheap alternative to my more expensive recording software. Reason for exploring an alternative monitoring/recording software package is my current software does not support h.264 and additional licenses are very expensive. Blue Iris is only $50 and supports all my current cameras as well as h.264.

Overall for $50 Blue Iris seems to be super great for my needs and I'm on the "learning curve" to fully understand and utilize it. It seems to support most if not all the functionality of my expensive monitoring/recording software, but I got more to learn.

My camera network consists of 12 Axis cameras. My video server PC is a high end i7 and has about 13 tbs of hard disk for recording my cameras. My current recording software configuration utilizes about 75% of the disk space across all my hard drives (i think I got 6 hard drives which I have setup for 2 cameras each drive for recording). When I configured Blue Iris i believe it will not allow me assign each camera to different hard drives for recording purposes. Can anyone with experience tell me how to assign each camera to a specific hard drive for recording purposes? I know I can assign different drives for the alerts db, new clips, etc, but these databases contain all the cameras in each database and can not be split (correct me if I am wrong.) and that is not what I really want.

Thank you in advance,

John
New Jersey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed