IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue Iris - time to move onto something different

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Blue Iris - time to move onto something different Reply with quote

During the past several weeks I been running Blue Iris which was to replace IVI View Commander since the version I am running does not support h.264 and many of the newer cameras are not listed for IVI such as that piece of crap Dahua that I reported on 2 weeks ago.

After dialing in Blue Iris as best as I could with 12 Axis HD cameras, overall Blue Iris ran well except it chewed up tons of CPU but I could live with it.

My cameras are mounted on my rental property which has a house with 3 families and garages which I also rent out as well as my workshop. This morning one of my tenants asked me if I could check my security camera archives to determine if he dropped his cell phone last night when he came home because he was extremely drunk and thinks it fell out of his pocket when reaching for his keys or when he was dropped off at the curb. I had to see it so I agreed. Upon checking Blue Iris's Alerts and new clips, I clearly seen my tenant being dropped off at the curb then suddenly the clip ended. the new clip started to play but my tenant was nowhere to be seen and the vehicle mysteriously disappeared. I checked the time from when the first clip ended and the next clip started. There was a 30 second gap!!!!!!!! And this was from a camera set to record continuously!!!! NOT GOOD!!!! During the entire time while testing Blue Iris I suspected gaps in recording were happening as well as triggered events sometimes not recorded. Well, here is the proof in this case. Not good. I never had this problem with IVI View Commander and I been running IVI for many years now.

When frames are dropped, triggered events not getting recorded and gaps in continuously recorded video occur, that is serious for any NVR. Although there are shortcomings with Blue Iris, for $50 Blue Iris has a lot to offer.

Time to move on. Maybe I will try Milestone next or maybe try a newer version of IVI if their list of supported cameras is up to date.

John
New Jersey

*** hey buellwinkle, I got a GREAT video of my drunk tenant at the front door trying to get into the house but could after falling down. It was recorded last year using an Axis M1114 and IVI View Commander (no frames dropped). It is FUNNY avi file and large 629 mbs. How can I post it? I think everyone out here would get a good laugh to see what our cameras record.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed