IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[RSN] NVR 600 FPS Full HD . . . on a tablet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software
40th Floor
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: [RSN] NVR 600 FPS Full HD . . . on a tablet Reply with quote

Coming pretty soon

Target hardware: x86 Atom (Bay Trail or later, SpeedStep down-clocked to 500 MHz is plenty)

Target OS: Win 7 or later for desktop server/clients. WP8+ or Android 4.1+ for mobiles.

Server
-------------
32- and 64-bit service apps, up to 20 cameras per service instance, unlimited instances per machine. All camera access is through the service, which communicates with clients over SSL, using SRP authentication (perfect for even self-signed certs), and the stream itself is encrypted in case the SSL key has been compromised. Recordings are also encrypted. Server-to-client notification of events by multiple methods, including voice phone call from the server to your mobile. Scheduled recordings, record-on-event w/pre- and post-event coverage (zero CPU difference), trigger all cameras to record on any camera's event, and more. View recordings from 0.1x to 120x normal speed w/o audio, and 0.5 to 8.0x with audio playing.

Clients
-------------
32- and 64-bit x86 client apps. Touch/on-screen keyboard, or mouse/keyboard. Plus WP/Android.

Interesting things
-----------------------
Hardware decode, processing, and encode (for transcoding) if the server host machine has the hardware and Media Foundation transforms. JPEG, MPEG-4/2, and H.264 are supported. Transcode source may be any of those; the target is H.264. Transcoding a 4 Mbps, 1280 x 720, 30 FPS stream to a dial-up modem bitrate (40 kbps, 160 x 90, 30 FPS) is possible.

... just a glimpse.

Last edited by 40th Floor on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory, I can run Windows based NVR software on my Bay Trail, $200 tablet from Dell with Win 8.1 as the Bay Trail is probably as fast as an i3 and power consumption is low, but the problem is writing to a hard drive. It has a USB port to charge or connect, but not both at the same time, unless someone has hacked it yet.

But I like where you are headed with this. My tablet probably uses just a few watts of power and is cheap. If I can figure out how to attach say a 1TB external USB drive and power the tablet, it would be awesome.
40th Floor
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it take 128 GB cards? That's a lot, especially if you record events only, or full-rate on events + 1 frame per second (so to be sure not to miss anything). Each camera's recordings are written to a single file (one file per day), no matter how many starts, stops, or service/server restarts. A format change (e.g., resolution) will start a new recording, and other exceptional cases.

For recording full-rate events (for say 20 seconds or however long the pre+post event takes) and then only 1 frame per seoond (as in, i-frames only) for the rest of the day, it's quite a reduction. FOr the 105 minutes below, i-frames were 55 MB, and the delta farmes 420 MB.

Code:
     duration:  01:45:31
 video frames:  185508   478.899 MB      Mbps: 0.634     FPS: 29.3                       DISC: 0
 intra frames:  6203     55.902 MB       Mbps: 0.074     /frame: 9449    max: 9948
 delta frames:  179305   422.997 MB                      /frame: 2473    max: 3559       ofs: e1d3a25
 audio frames:  97463    11.247 MB       Mbps: 0.015     /frame: 121     max: 205        DISC: 0

where intra frames are the heavy i-frames, but not many (usually one a second), and delta frames are the smaller frames, but usually 29 a second.

If I let this camera run untouched for many hours, the FPS almost always is shown as 29.97. And fast-fwd at 120x really is 120x (2 minutes pass by per second, and 60 or 120 frames whiz by in that second, depending on display refresh).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed