IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IP POE CAMERAS MAX DISTANCE TO NVR

ashhab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: IP POE CAMERAS MAX DISTANCE TO NVR Reply with quote

Hello i have an install for two residential buildings and they want to start with 10 cameras in both buildings and i want to use cat5e to enhaul video through out. Basically there is 5 in each building so I was thinking to get 16ch NVR with 8 poe ports and 8 ports poe switch from trendnet.
Each cameras wont have cat5e ran for over 250FT.

Is it possible to setup the POE switch in one building and connect the five ip cameras to it and connect cat5e from the poe switch to the router in the other building(where the nvr will be installed).

Also, can i connect the other five cameras directly to NVR? would that cause any power issues in the future? if i connect the NVR to the same router as poe connected to. How can i search for IP cameras and is it possible to setup port forwarding for remote viewing if the ISP (Bell Canada) doesnt allow static IP for free.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 250' is not a problem and having multiple PoE switches is also not a problem. The only problem may be an NVR with a PoE switch built in. What happens is it acts sort of like a router and gives those cameras their own subnet and IP addresses that you can't access from outside the NVR where the other cameras will be on your network and Ip addresses in your subnet. It's easier if you just get PoE switches or injectors outside the NVR.

For example, I have a PoE switch at the front of my home and one at the rear and a line between them.
pacowilson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding to PoE power issue, here are something I want to say:

1. Recommend to use the PoE switch
2. PoE IP camera can connect to PoE NVR directly, but this will suffer voltage drop during medium distance transmission.
3. Use the low power consumption of PoE IP camera (ideally non-IR IP camera)

Recently, one of clients met a problem, the PoE IP camera connected to NVR, it worked in day, but couldn't see anything at night.

The reason is IP camera consumed less power when IP camera works in day. At night, the power couldn't provide sufficient power to turn on infrared LEDs, No IR, the images were dark.

To solve this problem, you have to shorten the Ethernet cable distance.

Please note a regular PoE switch or NVR meet the IEEE802.2af standard, which only offers 15.4W power supply.

Reference information:
http://www.hkvstar.com/technology-news/general-problems-and-solution-for-ip-cameras.html
http://www.hkvstar.com/technology-news/guidance-for-power-consumption-for-poe-device.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed