IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to deal with your office security problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
vofoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: how to deal with your office security problems? Reply with quote

I am not sure how many owners are here?
But have you guys ever experience staffs disloyalty, even betraying!!
And how you guys deal with that ?
Do you use some ip camera device or other innovations ,maybe extreme..but ,necessary!!

thanks !!
pfh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm researching the same thing. Ever since gas prices increased so much this year we have had a mysterious increase of gasoline usage at out facility (golf maint.) So much so that we'd like to install a hidden camera to monitor the gas pump. However, I'm afraid a wireless solution would be difficult considering the metal sructure of our building and distance from office to camera location would be ~100 feet thru metal frame and metal sided building. We currently have an internal LAN that is connected to main clubhouse WAN via long distance wireless antenna.

I don't want to thread jack your post so I'll post more details in another post.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of many businesses getting IP cameras for this type of surveillance. I know of one company that even had an employee quite because of the camera being installed - suspicious I know.

If you think your employees are stealing from you, it might be neccessary to install a camera. There are products available that allow you to do long range wireless if the wireless signal goes through brick or cement walls or even long distances.

Avalan Wireless offers these products.
vofoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know , wireless signal is hard to go through the metal structure environment! But can be effect on the brick and cement sturcture surroundings.
And the high power wireless transmitter you use , the more distance the signal can get.!!
ICUSecurity
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power you use does not effect if you could get through a metal wall.

Its kind of like saying if you get a REALLY bright light, you could shine through a mirror.

-Chris
Maui Custom Surveillance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: how to deal with your office security problems? Reply with quote

vofoo wrote:
I am not sure how many owners are here?
But have you guys ever experience staffs disloyalty, even betraying!!
And how you guys deal with that ?
Do you use some ip camera device or other innovations ,maybe extreme..but ,necessary!!

thanks !!

Depends if you think a camera will capture the particular disloyalty you have in mind
Maui Custom Surveillance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfh wrote:
I'm researching the same thing. Ever since gas prices increased so much this year we have had a mysterious increase of gasoline usage at out facility (golf maint.) So much so that we'd like to install a hidden camera to monitor the gas pump. However, I'm afraid a wireless solution would be difficult considering the metal sructure of our building and distance from office to camera location would be ~100 feet thru metal frame and metal sided building. We currently have an internal LAN that is connected to main clubhouse WAN via long distance wireless antenna.

I don't want to thread jack your post so I'll post more details in another post.

Ordinarily I discourage people from installing hidden cameras, they're more difficult and expensive to install, and soon discovered anyways. Besides, an obvious camera works as a deterrent.

If the distance is only hundred feet, you should consider a home plug adapter, I have used them successfully up to 1000 feet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed