IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best PTZ network camera for indoor/outdoor-horse barn stall?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
sutr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Best PTZ network camera for indoor/outdoor-horse barn stall? Reply with quote

Hi guys. Can anyone recommend a good PTZ camera...it will be used in a stall of a horse barn. For Christmas, I want to get my mom a very good camera that can pan,tilt and zoom. I'd also like audio (or the ability to add audio). The camera will be used to watch horses from the LAN and the WAN, and when a horse is having a foal, it will be used to record it.

I would like good video quality and framerate...at least as good as the AXIS 211A that my mom is used to. I have a few network cameras currently hooked up...an AXIS 206 that I do not like, a cheap Intellinet that quit working, and an AXIS 211A that is pretty good.

Thanks guys!
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the AXIS 211 as well Wink

Do you have software running? Is it the AXIS software? If so, you might want to stick to an AXIS camera so it is still compatible with the software. Also, do you have a budget? 4XEM and D-Link offer cheap PTZ cameras but then it comes down to software again. They include free software but it is not compatible with AXIS cameras.
sutr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wes. I don't have any software running. We just view the cameras through a web browser pointed to the cameras' IPs. I did use some free software to record with the 211A, but I forgot what program it was.

What is the best prog to use for recording audio and video?

The cameras I was considering are the AXIS 213 PTZ, and the D-LINK DCS-6620 SECURICAM. The AXIS costs allot more, but is it worth it? Will I notice a difference in picture quality or framerate? Are there other PTZ network cameras that are good?
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually recommend Milestone software to customers. If you want, check out our software section and download some demos. I did find the Milestone software to be easy to use and reliable.

The D-Link is a good camera. If you are looking at the 6620, also check out the 4XEM WPTZ. Both cameras will not have a higher resolution like the AXIS. You can bump up the resolution on the D-Link and 4XEM cameras but you will only have 15 fps. They are cheaper than the Axis however.
sutr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D-LINK says it does 704x480 at 30 fps, and I think that's about the same as the AXIS.

Are there any reviews online for either of these cameras? If video quality looked similar I'd probably go with the D-LINK since it has the mic built in, and with the AXIS I'd have to get the 213 CM to connect a mic, and it costs more.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D-Link can do that resolution but in order to do 30fps it stretches the 352x240 resolution video to 704x480. The quality is lowered because your stretching the image. The Axis would have better quality at that resolution.
sutr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with the AXIS. Thanks!
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Smile

Let me know how it goes. Feel free to write a review if you get the time as well.
Maui Custom Surveillance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Best PTZ network camera for indoor/outdoor-horse barn st Reply with quote

sutr wrote:
Hi guys. Can anyone recommend a good PTZ camera...it will be used in a stall of a horse barn. For Christmas, I want to get my mom a very good camera that can pan,tilt and zoom. I'd also like audio (or the ability to add audio). The camera will be used to watch horses from the LAN and the WAN, and when a horse is having a foal, it will be used to record it.

I would like good video quality and framerate...at least as good as the AXIS 211A that my mom is used to. I have a few network cameras currently hooked up...an AXIS 206 that I do not like, a cheap Intellinet that quit working, and an AXIS 211A that is pretty good.

Thanks guys!

It depends on your budget, and what kind of quality picture and sound you want. The cheap way to go would be a D-Link 5300, it is pan tilt with digital zoom, and comes with free software that is capable of recording sound. These cameras only cost around $300. The downside is, it's very low resolution and low lux, also the free software is not client based, so you cannot access the archive remotely. A far better camera for about $500 would be a Toshiba IKWB15A , it has 160° pan tilt and optical Zoom, a goes from 2.8 mm to 8mm, and even has a weatherproof housing. It also uses ActiveX instead of Java, so it's much more reliable. Unfortunately, there aren't any archiving software that I'm aware of yet, that record motion JPEG was sound, although the camera has excellent two-way sound capability. If archiving is desirable, you can pick up a single camera license from Luxriot for about $100, this software is client based in the archive can be accessed remotely.

I forgot to mention, the Toshiba is a 1.4 megapixel high resolution camera whereas the D-Link would be about .2 megapixel in comparison, and we're talking the difference of $200
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed