IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source


- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory





 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless cameras and microwaves


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
Author Message
fabmol
New Member


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Wireless cameras and microwaves Reply with quote

Hi

another prob!
i had a axis 206w camera beside a 2000w microwave and as soon as i turned on the microwave the cameras lost signal then as soon the microwave stops the signal comes back. #Is there any way the cameras will work when the microwaves are on?? I have had to move them about 10 feet away from the microwave for there to be no interference

thanks
Fabio
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maui Custom Surveillance
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 14
Location: Island of Maui

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wireless cameras and microwaves Reply with quote

fabmol wrote:
Hi

another prob!
i had a axis 206w camera beside a 2000w microwave and as soon as i turned on the microwave the cameras lost signal then as soon the microwave stops the signal comes back. #Is there any way the cameras will work when the microwaves are on?? I have had to move them about 10 feet away from the microwave for there to be no interference

thanks
Fabio


No way, microwaves kill WiFi
_________________
Maui Custom Surveillance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fabmol
New Member


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Wireless cameras and microwaves Reply with quote

Maui Custom Surveillance wrote:
fabmol wrote:
Hi

another prob!
i had a axis 206w camera beside a 2000w microwave and as soon as i turned on the microwave the cameras lost signal then as soon the microwave stops the signal comes back. #Is there any way the cameras will work when the microwaves are on?? I have had to move them about 10 feet away from the microwave for there to be no interference

thanks
Fabio


No way, microwaves kill WiFi


that sorts that problem so!!
will have to run a wired camea there so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maui Custom Surveillance
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 14
Location: Island of Maui

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Wireless cameras and microwaves Reply with quote

fabmol wrote:
Maui Custom Surveillance wrote:
fabmol wrote:
Hi

another prob!
i had a axis 206w camera beside a 2000w microwave and as soon as i turned on the microwave the cameras lost signal then as soon the microwave stops the signal comes back. #Is there any way the cameras will work when the microwaves are on?? I have had to move them about 10 feet away from the microwave for there to be no interference

thanks
Fabio


No way, microwaves kill WiFi


that sorts that problem so!!
will have to run a wired camea there so


ethernet is always best, but is running ethernet is difficult, you may also want to consider Asoka adapters. Plug one adapter in the electrical outlet near your router, it has an ethernet port. And since you have to power the camera anyways, plug the other adapter in that electrical source to create a network over the power lines in your home or business.

The adapters are about $50 apiece, generally cheaper than WiFi, and are not affected by microwaves or wireless telephones, or walls.
_________________
Maui Custom Surveillance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed