IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux Camera with SDK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
MrQuincle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Linux Camera with SDK Reply with quote

Dear Forum members,

The subject already tells it. Do you know a Linux Camera with an SDK? I am looking for a camera, for which I can extract information for now by ethernet, but which I would like to reprogram in the near future to use it properly in a WSAN (wireless sensor actuator network).

Kind regards,

Anne
Mr Sots
Junky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobotix... They even do a development kit for the camera if you want to fabricate it into your own equipment etc.
xsnrg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linksys/Cisco has GLP'd much of the code for their cameras

You can find it here:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1169671246380&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=4638012899B01#WVC200
polto

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Free Software and Open Hardware Network Cameras. Reply with quote

Hi,

It's probably too late for you Anne, but may be useful to other users of the forum so I post anyway.

The cameras was looking for are here: http://www.elphel.com/

Elphel, Inc. design and manufacture Network Reconfigurable Cameras based on Free Software and Open Hardware design.

All our code from Verilog to PHP is covered by the GNU GPL v3 license. All the documentation including PCB layouts and camera casing drawings are covered by the GNU FDL license.

The SDK is freely available: http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_Software_Kit_for_Ubuntu

Best regards,
Alexandre Poltorak
Elphel, Inc.
MrQuincle

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Free Software and Open Hardware Network Cameras. Reply with quote

Dear all,

Thanks a lot! It's much appreciated! The elphel website is a bit clumsy Alexandre. If your company started in 2001, you should have some time now to give it a facelift. Wink I like the products though, and a nice idea to ship an Asus Eee an an SDK solution. Starting with 800 dollar for the basic product and an SDK based on Ubuntu, it's really interesting! (And I am not working for them! Wink)

About Linksys I'm not sure. I don't know if they really have an incentive to go completely the GLP way.

Mobotix, ah, that's Dutch. The DevKit starts at 1100 euro. I see the control software is free, and is also planned to become available for Linux. However, I don't see the SDK. I don't see what the cam's OS is based upon.

And, in general the solutions are quite heavyweight for a WSN... I see Ephel provides some downgrading options for free. Wink The average sensor mote is like 10 euro, and putting vision on one of those motes, suddenly makes it a dinosaur amongst the mammals. I hope it will survive...

Thanks you all!

Anne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed