IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting preset position on Panasonic WV-NS202

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software
indimpi

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Setting preset position on Panasonic WV-NS202 Reply with quote

I am using Milestone Xprotect Enterprise 5.6d version and I have installed the latest revision of device pack 3.5. The problem is that when I set preset pos. directly on the camera then they do not appear in the list of presets in preset dialog in Milestone administrator.
If I set position via preset dialog in Milestone administrator and after that if I go to camera via Internet Explorer then the position doesn't appear in the list of presets for the camera.
Any suggestions??
indimpi

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: preset position on Panasonic WV-NS202 Reply with quote

When I checked the checkbox 'Use preset from device' In the Milestone Administrator PTZ dialog , I got list of preset that I had set in the device. Just wondering now is it possible that if i add new preset from Milestone administrator then it appear in the list of presets when I go directly to camera ( via IExplorer)??
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Indimpi,

Our driver for the Panasonic WV-NS202 camera supports Type 1 and Type 2 PTZ Preset Positions. Here is a quick description from the site...
Type 1 wrote:
Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) Preset Positions can be defined in the software, this requires the PTZ camera to be of the so-called "absolute positioning" kind (as opposed to "relative positioning"). If the PTZ camera is not of the absolute positioning kind the PTZ Preset Positions will NOT be available. Please consult the video server manufacturer for more information.

Type 2 wrote:
Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) Preset Positions can be defined in video server controlling the PTZ camera. The software can utilize these PTZ Preset Positions. In this way PTZ Preset Positions may also be supported for PTZ cameras of the "relative positioning" kind. Please consult the video server manufacturer for more information.

So Type 1 means you define the positions within our software, and they are stored in the software. Type 2 means the positions are defined on the camera, stored there, and merely used by the software. What it sounds like you are after is Type 3 which is set in our software, and stored on the camera, however this is not supported for the Panasonic cameras with the exception of the WV-NS320.

See our Supported Hardware list for more info...
http://www.milestonesys.com/Support/Questions_and_Answers/Supported_Hardware/Enterprise
redjoe100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear forum

I am using the trial version of milestone enterprise and have it working perfectly with two Axis 215 ptz cameras. i now want to add a panasonic wv-ns202 to the system. i have added the camera into the administrator and all functions seem to work here including the preveiw window in image quality.
I have gone into the smart client and added the camera into on of my veiws but when I go to the live tab i get a message saying the connection to the server has been lost. the axis cameras are still functioning.

Anybody kniow what to do?

Many thanks

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed