IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XProtect Professional with Axis 233D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software
mastrmind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: XProtect Professional with Axis 233D Reply with quote

I recently added an Axis 233D. It works with Milestone, however it does not seem to fully recognize it as a PTZ camera. I can manually control the PTZ functions with the Smart Client, but am unable to set it as a PTZ camera in the Administrator's camera settings which appears to be required to enable PTZ preset positions, guard tours, etc. I currently have those set up within the camera itself but would prefer that functionality to be in Milestone. Any Ideas?
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

If you are able to PTZ the camera in the Smart Client, then the camera is correctly recognized as a PTZ camera and there is nothing further for you to do.

I think what you are seeing (and this can be confusing) is that the PTZ Preset Positions button is greyed out. This is because the Recording Server service is still running. You'll need to click Service Manager on the main Administrator window and pause the recording server service before you can make changes to PTZ preset positions. Once you pause the service, the button will no longer be greyed out.

If you don't have a Service Manager button, but you have a "Monitor Manager" button instead - then you have installed the software as an application. The same rule applies - you will need to Exit the Monitor application before being able to make changes to PTZ Preset Positions in the Administrator.

Does this answer the question?
mastrmind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Josh, that makes sense now that its been explained. However, I think it would help PTZ functionality to implement that a bit differently. I asked my reseller and they didn't know either - but would be willing to charge me to implement the PTZ. Something as simple as a message when you implement a PTZ camera, or edit its settings, about requiring the service to be turned off to edit PTZ settings, even offering to disable the service when you go to edit the settings would be useful.

Although, I would rather the software be able to edit the settings without disabling the service at all - in a production environment turning off all recordings to edit the PTZ setup for one camera out of 15 does not seem ideal.
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mastrmind,

I definitely agree with you that it would be nice for the Recording Server service not to require a shutdown in order to edit PTZ preset positions and also database paths. I will pass the comment on to Product Management!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed